• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

I came here to post the same thing. I am disappointed that all three books were in the same bag and board. They cost enough, that I think having their own board and bag is not an unreasonable request. The middle book is color rubbed along the entire spine cover, and the book that was on top was bent as it shifted down in the bag while the other two did not creating a little ramp. Between this and my last order of ASM-4, I think this will be my last order from them :(
It doesn't make you feel better to know they shipped them like that so they could get them out faster? :insane:

giggle.gif

-slym

I was there when they received their books release day and can tell you it was not from them shipping the books but how they received them. Almost every copy had slight unnoticeable spine ticks/indents.. could be considered a print defect I suppose.

I was there when they received their books release day and can tell you it was not from them shipping the books but how they received them. Almost every copy had slight unnoticeable spine ticks/indents.. could be considered a print defect I suppose.

If they were unnoticeable then no one would have noticed.

My expectations for receiving or even sending comics is to check the books and pack them well. I understand that not all of the books will be minty fresh, but I don't expect them to have color rubs due to packing 3 books in a bag or indent/crease due to mishandling books.

When I sell raw books, I pack one comic to a bag and board and expect the same from a seller. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. This prevents the comics from jostling around and affecting the other books around them. As an example, I received my copies of the JSC Spider-Gwen from Mid-Town in great condition (1 comic to a bag and board). They have some slight marks, but I am ok with that since they looked like they were handled with care and it seemed like they did everything to make sure the comics did not move around. Apologies for the rant.

Anyways, I sent Conquest Comics and email this morning. We'll see what they say.

My expectations for receiving or even sending comics is to check the books and pack them well. I understand that not all of the books will be minty fresh, but I don't expect them to have color rubs due to packing 3 books in a bag or indent/crease due to mishandling books.

When I sell raw books, I pack one comic to a bag and board and expect the same from a seller. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. This prevents the comics from jostling around and affecting the other books around them. As an example, I received my copies of the JSC Spider-Gwen from Mid-Town in great condition (1 comic to a bag and board). They have some slight marks, but I am ok with that since they looked like they were handled with care and it seemed like they did everything to make sure the comics did not move around. Apologies for the rant.

Anyways, I sent Conquest Comics and email this morning. We'll see what they say.

Well said. Hastings may be among the worst when it comes to packaging. I'm done with them.

Midtown has always sent books packed extremely well that were handled with care, same as Third Eye Comics and MCS (slabs).

I have yet to have anything but great experiences from those sellers.

Well said. Hastings may be among the worst when it comes to packaging. I'm done with them.

Midtown has always sent books packed extremely well that were handled with care, same as Third Eye Comics and MCS (slabs).

I've never had a problem with Midtown, Third Eye, or MCS. All package their books like pros.

If they were unnoticeable then no one would have noticed.

Bad choice of words.. I meant more in the line of nothing that would catch your eye at first glance but under the right light and angle you can make out the stress marks and ticks in the spine.

How about Rupps? Has anyone received their books yet? I spoke to Rupps yesterday and apparently their shipping didn't start until March 1st and my books aren't expected to go out until next week. I understand these small shops have a lot to deal with getting orders out but 2 weeks? Crazy.

I gotta give it to Larry cause my books came super fast and in great condition.

I've never had a problem with Midtown, Third Eye, or MCS. All package their books like pros.

I've had problems with Midtown before. I ordered 10 blank Superman Unchained and a couple had big dents and one in particular had a big dirty thumb print on the cover.

I've had problems with Midtown before. I ordered 10 blank Superman Unchained and a couple had big dents and one in particular had a big dirty thumb print on the cover.

I now remember getting an order from them where two of their variants were banged up. I called them and they sent replacements.

Midtown ,MCS etc are all garbage IMO. MCS sends out 6.5 books labeled as NM, and Midtown packs like garbage even for larger orders. I don't think either handles comics well or actually has a QC checker that is competent. I've been done with all of them for quite some time.