• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,776 posts in this topic

Excellant thread! In going over your "Marvel Picture-Frame Production Spreadsheet"

I discover that with the exception of #50 I have a complete run (#43 to #53) of the

IRON MAN Picture-Frame Covers that I picked up at an auction years ago with a group

of comics. Now I'll have to go through that group and see what else I might have.

Thanks again for the information.

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

Picked up these original owner MTAs almost two years ago.

Just now getting around to scanning and cataloging.

I'm a little behind, to say the least... :P

MTA-8.jpg

:o

(Be still, my beating heart - with only 3 copies in the census above 9.0, you've got a great example in your collection)

I bought these off the rack, wanting to read the SA FF and then Avengers stories. I remember that they were typically beat up even when new, being less popular than the first-run titles and having been pawed for weeks on the spinner racks (hence, the common finding of multiple spine stress lines, from kids bending the tops of the copies up at the front to see which ones were behind).

MTA-8.jpg

(Be still, my beating heart - with only 3 copies in the census above 9.0, you've got a great example in your collection)

I bought these off the rack, wanting to read the SA FF and then Avengers stories. I remember that they were typically beat up even when new, being less popular than the first-run titles and having been pawed for weeks on the spinner racks (hence, the common finding of multiple spine stress lines, from kids bending the tops of the copies up at the front to see which ones were behind).

....that takes me back, too. I recently snagged a nicely centered 9.2 from Aelarkin of ASM 104..... it's one of my favorite picture frames and I still remember the day I got my first copy...in much the way of which Namisgr speaks :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Great books, MM and MC! It's nice to see this thread taken off life support with so many sweet books.

That Iron Man #44 is still one of the toughest PF hero books to find in very high grade, by the way. There's still not a single 9.8 in the census. And all the other PF Iron Mans have double digit numbers for 9.6s but #44 is stuck at five.

14040212893_9fe2b13254.jpg

mm

Great lookin' books, Double M! :applause:

Love this here Kane Frame. Just can't seem to land a high-grade copy, though.

Latest 9.8 sold via ComicLink @ $1535.

Yours truly got blown out of the pool early on that one. :screwy:

MTA-8.jpg

Good stuff, Bob. Love hearing about the glory days.

I remember '72 just the same way... with the exception that my brothers and I used to cherry-pick books right after they were put on the spinner rack. We didn't have much (or any) money back in the day so we'd grab the ones we wanted, but couldn't buy at the time, then hid them behind odd titles we felt no one would care to look at (Richie Rich, for example).

Then we'd go out and collect soda bottles or mow lawns to earn some money to buy our hidden prizes. More often than not, however, the books were gone by the time we'd return.

With our "secret hiding" place discovered, we came up with a new plan. We started hiding our finds within the magazine rack itself. Usually behind the last issue of some obscure publication or under the horizontal wooden magazine racks thinking no one would look there or even care if they found them.

Believe it or not, that plan actually worked. We were able to hide and then eventually buy (sometimes a month or two later after placement) the books of our youth.

Man, talk about memories... those were glory days, for sure. Good times we remember. :cloud9:

MTA-4.jpg

MTA-5.jpg

MTA-8.jpg

These are beauties, and so hard to find in this kind of condition. :applause:

Thanks for the props regarding the latest books posted, Guys.

Here are more recently scanned (as of tonight) original owner books.

Tractability for these is that of Suscha News.

ASM-108_suscha-news.jpg

CA-149_suscha-news.jpg

XM-73_suscha-news.jpg

Wow! More stunners, I hope to pick a few nice PF'S up at the LSCC this coming weekend, if they are anything like these I will be ecstatic. :wishluck: .

Wow! More stunners, I hope to pick a few nice PF'S up at the LSCC this coming weekend, if they are anything like these I will be ecstatic. :wishluck: .

Good luck, my friend. I wish you the best! (thumbs u

Thanks MC, I will probably need it. lol