• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

I was needing to generate some cash for a purchase of a big book (for me) and sold off my 66 9.2 in August 2013 (had sold my 67 9.0 a couple of months earlier) and quickly realized I need those two back in the fold...so I was pretty happy to pick up both in White Pages in July 2014 before things started getting crazy...

My 62 is almost an exact looking copy to 29dukedog's with the sliver of paper visible at upper right but for the most part perfect registration...my 67 isn't the nicest looking 9.0 I've ever seen but will do for the time being...

FANTASTIC%20FOUR%2066%20CGC%209.0%20W_zps7a1hb5vr.jpg

FANTASTIC%20FOUR%2067%20CGC%209.0%20W_zpsipmlahow.jpg

Aside from the very slightly miswrap, your #67 looks like it has excellent cover paper quality, which is not common at all.

To be honest, one of the things I care more about is a good quality of the interiors printing, and that often makes very difficult to choose between copies. I already showed my two #67, and I have two #65 but luckily I found a copy of #64 which meets both requirements. :D

29dukedog is right: I decided to go for a #48 now that people are distracted… lol

lol yeah 48 has gone crazy with the rest of em, glad I bought a mid grade with #49,50 a few months ago at less than the 48 is going for now. :o

And another parcel arrived today, onlly 9 this time. lol Double up on the #63 so I have 4 copies now.

If you guys are getting sick of seeing mid grade silver LMK I'll stop posting em.

March_05_zpsqyojln6o.jpg

lol yeah 48 has gone crazy with the rest of em, glad I bought a mid grade with #49,50 a few months ago at less than the 48 is going for now. :o

And another parcel arrived today, onlly 9 this time. lol Double up on the #63 so I have 4 copies now.

If you guys are getting sick of seeing mid grade silver LMK I'll stop posting em.

March_05_zpsqyojln6o.jpg

I never get tired of seeing group shots of great covers. Keep posting away! I always enjoyed adding to my collection and sharing it with people who may enjoying seeing them. Cool stuff! :headbang:

March_05_zpsqyojln6o.jpg

I never get tired of seeing group shots of great covers. Keep posting away! I always enjoyed adding to my collection and sharing it with people who may enjoying seeing them. Cool stuff! :headbang:

+1 :headbang:

March_05_zpsqyojln6o.jpg

.... me 3......if folks ever get tired of nice presentable Lee/Kirby's..... it's probably time for us all to just pack it in... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nope..... but I've thought about picking some up again..... it was always my favorite. GOD BLESS....

jimbo has right of first refusal on a pretty little 13 i know something about.

I keep thinking on rebuilding my complete collection again since I sold off a bunch of my earlier issues for art buy then I would have to sell off a cover or two :P

Edited by BrianR

I keep thinking on rebuilding my complete collection again since I sold off a bunch of my earlier issues for art buy then I would have to sell off a cover or two :P

You shouldn’t have sold the earlier ones… :baiting:

Seriously, I have been thinking to sell my Fantastic Four page to purchase a #1 but in the end I think I will sell a number of books and try to get a lower grade #1: a copy with a mutilated back cover would be ideal! lol

I'd think long and hard before I did that, Claudio..... though you could probably afford a 7.0 with the proceeds. That's a really nice page you have. I think I'd just find a #1 with a respectable dealer who allows time payments and just eat beans and rice for a year...... they're actually kind of tasty with a nice marinara sauce..... GOD BLESS....

I'd think long and hard before I did that, Claudio..... though you could probably afford a 7.0 with the proceeds. That's a really nice page you have. I think I'd just find a #1 with a respectable dealer who allows time payments and just eat beans and rice for a year...... they're actually kind of tasty with a nice marinara sauce..... GOD BLESS....

Yes, it’s not just for the sake of having a page – I don’t care exaggerately about owning original art – but it’s for what it represents. Not that I would buy a FNVF copy of #1 anyway, for me a GD copy would be more than enough, as I feel uncomfortable to have a single book with much value.

Yes, it’s not just for the sake of having a page – I don’t care exaggerately about owning original art – but it’s for what it represents. Not that I would buy a FNVF copy of #1 anyway, for me a GD copy would be more than enough, as I feel uncomfortable to have a single book with much value.

...you could always do what I do....and put on the "fishnets" for a couple weekends :baiting: GOD BLESS...