• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

Do you guys think Amazing Spider-man #1 will get a bump once Spidey enters the Marvel Movie U? I just picked up a 5.0 about a week ago. I had 85% of the money saved when the announcement came out that Sony and Marvel are working together and I was freaking out trying to pick up a copy before more news came out. I get that AF #15 is a larger key but I kind of expect a bump on Amazing #1 after Spideys first MU movie appearance. Anyone else feeling along these lines?

I think ASM1 is a great book that kind of goes unnoticed, compared to AF15.

Thirty years ago it was (somewhat) opposite.

I like ASM1 and think it's a good time to buy, but honestly, who knows. I'm partial because I've always like the cover and the story. I'm sure the 5.0 is pretty. Congrats!

Do you guys think Amazing Spider-man #1 will get a bump once Spidey enters the Marvel Movie U? I just picked up a 5.0 about a week ago. I had 85% of the money saved when the announcement came out that Sony and Marvel are working together and I was freaking out trying to pick up a copy before more news came out. I get that AF #15 is a larger key but I kind of expect a bump on Amazing #1 after Spideys first MU movie appearance. Anyone else feeling along these lines?

Actually, no. First off, it's not like ASM is currently undervalued. Also, there have been enough Spidey movies where another one won't give ASM a bump on a broad scale. Certain issues, first appearances etc will get bumped but not necessarily #1. ASM 1 is a money in the bank, slow moving upward trend type of book. I don't see a big jump coming.

I think that the majority of the movie-going public doesn't care about whether Spider-Man's part of the Marvel movie universe. If he is, it's great. If he's not, that's okay too (as long as the movies are good).

ASM #1 is probably the fourth or fifth most important Silver Age Marvel book. I don't know how much more something could hype it.

Yes they are heating up

Should we be looking at Amazing Spider-man 31?

I was looking for it when all this Spider-Gwen mania started ... i found some copies and for some reason i didn´t buy it ; big mistake

hmm I should check it out then

I think Daredevil 1 is ready to start doing some interesting numbers. A 7.5 just sold for $4800. I would have been suspicious if the sale was on ebay, but not on CL. if this is the rend 9.0 should be nearing 10k soon and 9.4's over 17k

Edited by rabidwolf

Should we be looking at Amazing Spider-man 31?

That's such a great book.....and even though for years it wasn't considered hot or key, it always seemed to sell quicker and for more, even though it wasn't even broken out in the guide. With the first Harry Osborn and Professor Warren and the beginning of a classic story arc, how can you go wrong? I would think a nicely centered high grade white pager would hold it's own in the years to come......though probably not as well as your DD 1....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

I never collected Charltons before but recently picked up a SA 33, Blue Beetle 1967 1 and Captain Atom 83. I think they are all undervalued as they are issues with first appearances and great Steve Ditko art. Fun stories too.

Why did DD 1 have to start taking off just when I decided I wanted to own one again? :pullhair:

I never collected Charltons before but recently picked up a SA 33, Blue Beetle 1967 1 and Captain Atom 83. I think they are all undervalued as they are issues with first appearances and great Steve Ditko art. Fun stories too.

I agree to some extent. I wouldn't call Captain Atom and Blue Beetle Tier 1 characters, but they are still somewhat relevant in the (now) DC universe. They've been reinvented multiple times, but do pop up from time to time (Captain Atom had his own book in the New 52, though don't know if he's still appearing anywhere?). They seem to have staying power and have endured the test of time.

I think in the case of Space Adventures 33, it's just a hard copy for anyone to find. I doubt the book has the interest or supply to make it a mainstream "hot" book, but the difficulty in finding a copy makes it undervalued in my book and due for an upward price swing. Kind of reminds me of TTA13. Groot is more of a fringe character (though was well loved in GoTG), but simply the lack of supply on the TTA13 shot this one into the rafters. I could see something similar for SA33, though certainly not as abrupt (unless he lands in a movie somewhere lol )

Space Adventures 33 has had a couple of high sales recently. Not a book that comes up for sale very often.

Ten cent Charlton being discussed in a hot comics thread. I like it !

shhhhhh I don't have all I need yet! :makepoint:

What next...people.going after my Tower and Archie Superhero titles? :fear: