• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Please forgive me if this has been discussed in this thread before, but how do you guys value the books you have married, or when buying copies that have had something married to them? Do you usually knock a % off the guide price of the book's condition?

Just curious what everybody else's mentality is regarding pricing a married book.

My mentality is to knock a percentage off – I am not sure how CGC treats the various cases (especially with Golden Age where it is more common), as there are a good number of Hulk #181 with married wraps (because of the value stamp) that have been graded as "Qualified". If they consider it restoration when marrying a cover (which in fact it is) maybe they should all grade as restored.

I have sent my own Hulk #181 to grade and I am curious to see how it will be, as I suspect the stamp page is married, so it falls in that case.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed in this thread before, but how do you guys value the books you have married, or when buying copies that have had something married to them? Do you usually knock a % off the guide price of the book's condition?

Just curious what everybody else's mentality is regarding pricing a married book.

My mentality is to knock a percentage off – I am not sure how CGC treats the various cases (especially with Golden Age where it is more common), as there are a good number of Hulk #181 with married wraps (because of the value stamp) that have been graded as "Qualified". If they consider it restoration when marrying a cover (which in fact it is) maybe they should all grade as restored.

I have sent my own Hulk #181 to grade and I am curious to see how it will be, as I suspect the stamp page is married, so it falls in that case.

If a book has a married part of any sort but no other restoration it will be Qualified.

If it has other restoration it will be purple with the married pieces mentioned in the notes on the label.

If it isn't caught it will be blue

James G

Ah, I see – thanks James!

So I should expect Qualified for mine? I am sure it has no other restoration.

Yes there are plenty of Hulk 181 qualified because of the cut stamp or that wrap being married, these are GREEN labels.

Yup, I see that Qualified is used both for the stamp missing and for the married page.

Strictly speaking, marriage is "restoration" so maybe it would make more sense to treat it as such, but I am not complaining, as far as colors go I prefer Green to Purple, just in case… :D

Long shot here but lOOking for a TEC 27 cover only of anykind as long as it's the original. ..I have the rest of the book

woah you have the rest of the comic?

yes and I would love to get a cover for it:/ a match made in heaven. .lol