• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,479 posts in this topic

I will be looking to get my copy reviewed for a higher grade and reholdered at the next onsite grading, so probably WW Philly or WW Chicago.

af15_zpsb739c17e.jpg

Have you called for the grader's notes? They might help inform your decision, esp if there are light bends/creases that don't break the color that can be pressed out or if it was graded in CGC's early years when they were much stricter than they are now.

It does look nice for the grade, not sure if there's something going on with the top right and bottom right corners but if that's loose paper (detached from the book), that might be an issue. Just based on the scan, I doubt it would go down in grade either way, so might be worth a shot.

I will be looking to get my copy reviewed for a higher grade and reholdered at the next onsite grading, so probably WW Philly or WW Chicago.

af15_zpsb739c17e.jpg

Have you called for the grader's notes? They might help inform your decision, esp if there are light bends/creases that don't break the color that can be pressed out or if it was graded in CGC's early years when they were much stricter than they are now.

It does look nice for the grade, not sure if there's something going on with the top right and bottom right corners but if that's loose paper (detached from the book), that might be an issue. Just based on the scan, I doubt it would go down in grade either way, so might be worth a shot.

Graders notes are for rookies. :whistle:

Edited by SPECTRE_007

Yeah, just noticed your user name change...this book was never going to remain in the old label holder so you'll have to repost the "new and improved" version when you get it back. (thumbs u

Yeah, just noticed your user name change...this book was never going to remain in the old label holder so you'll have to repost the "new and improved" version when you get it back. (thumbs u

:gossip: I didn't notice the name change. Now that I know it is John, our comments about keeping it in the old label are laughable. I will admit John, under his new ID, seems to have a different attitude. I never would have guessed. I'm impressed !

:gossip: I didn't notice the name change. Now that I know it is John, our comments about keeping it in the old label are laughable. I will admit John, under his new ID, seems to have a different attitude. I never would have guessed. I'm impressed !

What ever happens to the book it is still in my personal collection.

I try not to post too many books that I buy as a dealer that are not mine to keep.

Usually I pick 2-3 CGC books per year to keep for me.

2013/2014 I have acquired:

AF 15

X-men 1

Avengers 1 and 4

Venom #1 (Black cover error)

JIM 83

I've been meaning to take a new photo of my 7.0 pence copy for a while now (the photo I've been using is horrible). I was at the bank yesterday and remembered to bring my camera, so I got it out of the safety deposit box and snapped a few photos.

I clearly haven't mastered the fine art of photographing slabbed comics, but I think it's better than my last photo.

The colors are amazing on this AF15. And look at that free edge.

get-attachment-3_zps1t0n3s4l.jpg

get-attachment-4_zpsluxenou6.jpg

get-attachment-5_zpszmxwxymp.jpg

I've been meaning to take a new photo of my 7.0 pence copy for a while now (the photo I've been using is horrible). I was at the bank yesterday and remembered to bring my camera, so I got it out of the safety deposit box and snapped a few photos.

I clearly haven't mastered the fine art of photographing slabbed comics, but I think it's better than my last photo.

Nice, a definite keeper!

Nice, a definite keeper!

would love to see the splash with what stan wrote

Nice, a definite keeper!

would love to see the splash with what stan wrote

I took a pic before I slabbed it. Someone told me there was a big comic convention in London in 1974 that Stan attended which is when it must have been signed

P1050718.jpg