• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Paul" comics club

236 posts in this topic

That makes two of us...

I wonder if it was Joe who tried to erase "Paul"'s name on that book? I believe my All Flash #32 has the same erased look. I will have to ask him next time I see him. He thought the "name" on these books were defects.

That makes two of us...

I wonder if it was Joe who tried to erase "Paul"'s name on that book? I believe my All Flash #32 has the same erased look. I will have to ask him next time I see him. He thought the "name" on these books were defects.

Much less so than the erasure marks, I would say.

That makes two of us...

Much less so than the erasure marks, I would say.

agreed

Couple more "In the Wild" "Paul" finds today. Love all the writing on them!

combaberuth3paul_zpszy2coymb.jpg

combaberuth4paul_zps5rlht04s.jpg

The name on this cover is Paul Jones. Name in the coupon for the Animal Antics is Paul Mittelbusher. So do we have two different lineage of Paul books? What is the back story on these books. Seems like they just recently came to market?

The name on this cover is Paul Jones. Name in the coupon for the Animal Antics is Paul Mittelbusher. So do we have two different lineage of Paul books? What is the back story on these books. Seems like they just recently came to market?

The first book, with Paul Jones written on it, also has "Old P.M." Perhaps P.M. is Paul Mittelbusher and Paul Jones is a friend's name or some other random name he wrote on the book. (shrug)

The first book, with Paul Jones written on it, also has "Old P.M." Perhaps P.M. is Paul Mittelbusher and Paul Jones is a friend's name or some other random name he wrote on the book. (shrug)

If I am not mistaken, both PAULs are actually the same Paul. I believe there was some sort of name change at one point of time for this individual - though I do not know the details of how/why/etc - others might know.

But I do think that is why he wrote "Old with initials" (for the earlier name), and then also the new name.

Good question. It's the only one I have seen that says Paul Jones. Both Ciroac and I have books with Paul Mittelbusher name filled out in coupons inside. Look back earlier in this thread and Ciroac pictured the one he has.

This collection was discovered about a year and a half ago. Incredible find. Spread to the 4 winds now...

Was there a USA 7 in that collection? I just bought a USA 7 on the bay. Not only did someone write "Joe Simon" on the cover. Someone also wrote "paul" in a style similar to many of the "pauls" in this thread, but I have no idea if it's the same paul.

(image is clickable)

th_USA7_paul_zpsdwmxozkz.jpg

our%20gang%2037%20bc_zpssicrtoul.jpg

I don't know if anyone has mentioned the fact that Paul Mittelbuscher was a member of SF fandom in the 1950's and was the editor of at least one fanzine that I can remember.

From time to time he also used to write letters to the editors of pulp magazines.

Here are a couple I found in Weird Tales.

May 1953

paulletter1.jpg

January 1954

paulletter2.jpg