• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

Unless I've missed something, a number of 9.8s have gone unsold on the boards for $1500.

And your point here is ..... ? The Boards still have integrity. It's a tough crowd!

No doubt. It's a litmus test. Either the boards are cheap, which they are, or $1500 is high. I don't know what the rationale is. It was just an observation. Lord knows I've sold numerous book elsewhere for higher prices (even accounting for sales fees) that the prices offered here on the boards.

Unless I've missed something, a number of 9.8s have gone unsold on the boards for $1500.

And your point here is ..... ? The Boards still have integrity. It's a tough crowd!

No doubt. It's a litmus test. Either the boards are cheap, which they are, or $1500 is high. I don't know what the rationale is. It was just an observation. Lord knows I've sold numerous book elsewhere for higher prices (even accounting for sales fees) that the prices offered here on the boards.

We are all looking for a deal on the boards. If it is not discounted by 20% of GPA or more, we do not buy it. lol

Edited by kimik

definitely, I've offered books here that I'm glad didn't sell because I ended up getting more for it elsewhere. I think board members are the last to accept a books "higher realized pricing".

Ebay sales 9.8 Blue label Star Wars #1

1/31 $1704.00 paid and shipped

2/2 $1575.00 paid and shipped

2/4 $1875.00 paid and shipped

2/18 $1825.00 paid and shipped

2/26 $1540.00 paid and shipped

2/27 $1750.00 paid and shipped

How do I know, one was mine and I personally emailed each seller of the other copies. They all were paid and shipped.

Some were buy it now, some were auction.

Will it hold up, depends on how many copies surface. The days of the $500.00 dollar 9.8 are in the rear view mirror.

Ebay sales 9.8 Blue label Star Wars #1

1/31 $1704.00 paid and shipped

2/2 $1575.00 paid and shipped

2/4 $1875.00 paid and shipped

2/18 $1825.00 paid and shipped

2/26 $1540.00 paid and shipped

2/27 $1750.00 paid and shipped

How do I know, one was mine and I personally emailed each seller of the other copies. They all were paid and shipped.

Some were buy it now, some were auction.

Will it hold up, depends on how many copies surface. The days of the $500.00 dollar 9.8 are in the rear view mirror.

Nice info. Add three more all sold yesterday 3/11 on eBay.

One with $2500 Best offer accepted (This one sold for > $1875 not sure how much more)

One with $1850 Best offer accepted (This one sold between $1799 - $1825)

One with $1799 BIN