• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,113 posts in this topic

New to the site and thought I'd ask here.

I have a Star Wars Episode 1 comic that I got signed by Ray Park, but the signature is on a picture of Darth Maul near the back of the book.

Can I still have it graded as a Signature Series?

No.

New to the site and thought I'd ask here.

I have a Star Wars Episode 1 comic that I got signed by Ray Park, but the signature is on a picture of Darth Maul near the back of the book.

Can I still have it graded as a Signature Series?

Unfortunately, no. It must be witnessed by someone authorized by CGC to receive the SS label.

Big thanks to Mr. Kaholo for these Alamo City 2014 goodies.

1. Judith Hoag (1990's April O'Neill). This cover is the only one that's fitting with the first tmnt movie when it comes to April, really reflects the late 80's/early 90's. Plus, TMNT 1 is my favourite comic book movie of all time...

E1A5A0D1-5DDC-4E01-B745-E8471A8E2979_zpsmr93ddow.jpg

2. Mitch Pileggi (Walter Skinner), in addition to some sdcc signatures (Gillian, Carter, Haglund, Harris/Corroney). Best "neutral" X-Files cover for a cast-signed attempt!

D1DF81EE-C10B-421B-B645-62B76B3E4A39_zpsxziuwb8m.jpg

Thanks again, Akoni!

Love the Judith Hoag!!!

Thanks Sean, though it pales in comparison to your wealth of slab ;)

If I had had more time to prep, I would have sought out at least a 9.0...ah well...

Edited by esamuel

I wouldn't sweat it too much. It seems that with modern celeb books, anything under 9.6 is viewed the same way.

Great book. I wish I'd have known about Hoag making an appearance. I'd have had a few books to send. Thanks for sharing!

I wouldn't sweat it too much. It seems that with modern celeb books, anything under 9.6 is viewed the same way.

Great book. I wish I'd have known about Hoag making an appearance. I'd have had a few books to send. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Peter!

Love the Judith Hoag!!!

If I had had more time to prep, I would have sought out at least a 9.0...ah well...

Unless it's a common signature the grade matters little to people really seeking out the autograph. The yellow is more important than the number. lol

I've bought my share of 0.5-8.5 books with sigs I would never find elsewhere. Lots of people are like that.

Love the Judith Hoag!!!

Unless it's a common signature the grade matters little to people really seeking out the autograph. The yellow is more important than the number. lol

I've bought my share of 0.5-8.5 books with sigs I would never find elsewhere. Lots of people are like that.

That's good to know. I guess my reasoning was that I'm sure higher grades exist, but yeah, better an 8.5 signed than a 9.0 blue. I didn't know Judith made con appearances but I imagine if this was her first, then more will follow.

Cheers.