• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's VALIANT Comics Thread

289 posts in this topic

I was going through comics the other day and was very surprised A & A had a $4.50 cover price.

Amazing.

That was because they merged Archer & Armstrong and Eternal Warrior into one big book for that month. It also features Ivar's first appearance as well. (thumbs u

Yup, I still have fond memories of meeting you all at the 2006 Valiant reunion. :cloud9:

I'm definitely trying to make more time to stop by. Now I know why they say life is pretty much over once the kids comes into the picture. My 3 year old constantly needs my attention, but I'll try to check the forums more often when I need a breather or two. :)

Say no more!

:lol: :D (thumbs u

-slym

Magnus and Rai were my 2 favorite series. I remember how popular those were back in the day. I have a friend who paid $120 for Solar #10 and close to $200 each for Rai #3 and 4. The most I spend was $36 for Rai 0 and $40 for Rai #1. It was a fun and exciting time collecting comics, so many people with such an electric buzz surrounding the hobby with LCS and shows popping up everywhere. I love going out and buying these comics now for pennies on the dollar compared to what they once sold for.

I like saying the same of Ultaverse books. The only difference is I know they wont ever come back to what they once were. :baiting:

I'm not sure Ultraverse ever WAS anything... so there's a good chance they already ARE what they once were. :baiting:

(I have many of those too.)

I like saying the same of Ultaverse books. The only difference is I know they wont ever come back to what they once were. :baiting:

I'm not sure Ultraverse ever WAS anything... so there's a good chance they already ARE what they once were. :baiting:

(I have many of those too.)

I think it had a lot of promise (until Marvel acquired Malibu), and I remember them being enjoyable reads at the time. At some point I'll have to go back and re-read.

I bought all the Valiant books off the stands when they originally came out and really enjoyed them all. And when they got hot and started selling for crazy prices I sold 'em all for hundreds of dollars. It was quite a haul for a stack of new comics for which I'd paid cover price. I also remember enjoying the Ultraverse titles as well.

I think I have a gold or three lying around....

;)

You sir, still owe me a Ninjak 1 Gold. :kidaround:

hm

I knew there were a couple...I still owe that motorcycle guy one, too. Totally forgot his name. When I got banned in Dec 2008, he posted "guess I'll never get mine now."

Boy, was he wrong!

He just hasn't gotten it YET.

;)

I don't think I ever paid more than cover for any of the early issues. I did, however, miss picking up Harbinger 4 when it was released (which I think at the time was believed to be the lowest-printed issue). The store where I pre-ordered most of my comics ended up with one for sale and I ended up trading other books (which were also far overvalued at the time) for it.

I bought my first Rai #3 for $65, before it became a $100+ book.

I still have that copy, and refuse to sell it until it becomes worth at least that again.

(:

-slym

If it's a 9.8 candidate, you can always try to get it slabbed to recover your $65. hm

883bcf4e-3801-42a7-8af4-ab7289d986f2_zpsgmd4uwyw.jpg :banana:

The greatest Valiant villain of all time.

No kidding.

The greatest of all.

Harada is fine, but he's like the Doc Doom...

Master Darque is the Venom of the Valiant U.

So... Venom > Doc Doom hm