• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

Awwww..

But in all seriousness, I think that whether Miles appears in the movie or not, this book will now always command a slight premium, since it had brought more awareness to the character. It was going for 120 +/- in 9.8 before the movie hype and it will probably be a 150-200 book even if not optioned. Just my opinion.

Agreed. This book is going to move...unless they kill him off... :eek:

Somebody got a heck of a deal on those you pointed out last night.

lol

I think this book is probably dead for now. At least from the speculator/flipper point of view. My 2 cents.

-J.

I am shocked you think that.

Heads up, those polybags hide a lot.

I cut open 15 copies and only found two 9.8 candidates. This is after trying to see through the polybag for any defects.

My advice, don't buy any polybag copies in hopes of getting a NM copy, there's just no way for the seller to know. And it seems the entire poly bagging process was not too friendly to the book, a lot of copies had weird lines indented into the cover. That may explain why there are only 41 9.8 copies at the registry.

Here are some photos of different comics. Most of the polybag issues had something similar.

730E0E70-E3C6-416A-878A-96794BFE6633.jpg

60283DB9-E692-4984-AA06-68050E5072E9.jpg

More bad news with these polybags.

So all together now I've opened about 30 polybags from 5 different sources, LCS, eBay, Internet store, etc. Out of those 30 maybe 2 are potential 9.8s (I'll let you know when they come back in 55 business days).

Besides the weird line indents I've noticed almost all the copies, regardless of the source, have a dent next to Cap's head (see photo below). This has to be something that was happening during the printing. Most collectors probably have a copy in its polybag and won't notice the damage till they try getting it slabbed.

2ADD9C2D-2F87-4105-9A10-061526FC23E1.jpg

Some big news for Miles;

1D613CA8-8896-46D8-825A-872E75D46762.jpg

"Which might also indicate, as much speculated, that the character will be joining the ongoing Marvel Universe. Whether a survivor of the Ultimate universe, a member of a new merged reality, a new universe to replace the 616, who knows. Well, obviously, they do.

But it does appear as if Miles Morales will be part of that Marvel universe going forward."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/26/miles-morales-joins-the-all-new-all-different-avengers/

Marvel finally has it's perfect cocktail of diverse Avengers.

I had to google some of their backgrounds to see what you meant.

So Cap is black, Spidey is half black/Hispanic, Nova is half Hispanic, Ms Marvel is Middle Eastern, Thor is a white woman, Vision is an artificial life form, and Iron Man is unknown.

Living in New York this is more like what I see day to day, just a mix of everybody. I think the day will come that we look back at all white teams and cringe at the lack of diversity.

I can understand the need to diversify we have needed it for many years.

This just seems way over the top.

+1

And it would be one thing if any of them were actually "new" and/or "different" characters.

These just seem like superfluous minority knock-offs of the "real" characters.

-J.

+1

And it would be one thing if any of them were actually "new" and/or "different" characters.

-J.

I agree, to a certain extent.

I wish we could get some original, new characters once in a while. It seems all of the "popular" ones are of the knock-off type.

Who was the last original character to stick?

90's X-men? Gambit, DP, Cable, Bishop, etc.?

+1

-J.

I wish we could get some original, new characters once in a while. It seems all of the "popular" ones are of the knock-off type.

Deadpool (thumbs u

+1

-J.

That's a really good point. Does Marvel direct the creators to stick with what sells and not go out and create a new character(s). Serious question, I'm not too hip to the ways of the big two.

If so that would be really hard to be a creator and feel ultimately creative.