• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

That book was ROUGH. "Minor amount of color touch on the cover."

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Don't see the point of the CT when the back cover and first wrap are missing, and fc is in tatters. (shrug)

That book makes a strong argument for more grades between "NG" and "0.5".

The book has been around a lot and was on the boards recently I believe it sold here for 1200-1500.

The price was very strong, but for 2500 what you really want is the front cover and that was mostly there, mostly.

James G

For a 35, you want the FC and the splash page. Best batman splash with the smoking .45 pistol

The label said first wrap is missing, so I guess there goes the splash. lol

absolutely Travis, which is a double bummer on a 35 :(. Maybe the new owner has a Coverless with a first wrap though? :)

I won it in the November auctions. Unfortunately they were sewn together instead of glued so they all have tiny holes down the spine but they look like they were mostly NM copies before they were bound. This was my first time reading early Batmans, the stories were actually really good for the time period!

So cool Adam.

Is there a 27?

Assuming it's this one , then, yeah...!

I did some serious due diligence on these books myself, as the books looked gorgeous. I had considered the viability of removing the books, restoring the mega-keys, and potentially selling off the other books as they are. I decided there was just too much risk involved, and I decided to chase something else instead (potential resto was a "maybe" depending on page quality, and the books would inevitably be labeled "TRIMMED" even if the missing edges were all replaced). In the end, those books went much cheaper than I anticipated, and IMO if you can get a beautiful bound volume of 25-48 for the same price as a restored Tec 27, then that's a sweet, sweet buy right there. Jealous!

Thanks Ben. Told ya it would get at least a 1.5 ;)
I didn't know the spine was reattached with tape. I thought it was split and detached with no tape. With the tape, I wonder how cgc graded this with respect to their May 2013 tape policy...? Always nice to see a new 31. Congrats again Brian :)