• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

I was about to ask you the same thing. lol:baiting:

-J.

The opening of the thread is all about the price. :makepoint:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6019997&nt=28&fpart=1

To buy what makes you happy - all the power to you.

Thinking of this as a "money" or "investment" book you might as well queue Spanky now.

lol I don't think anyone has called this an "investment book". If anything I think most of the posts are from people who have owned the book for a long time, and are pleasantly surprised by the strong collector interest in the book, but still have no plans to sell. (thumbs u

-J.

I was about to ask you the same thing. lol:baiting:

-J.

The opening of the thread is all about the price. :makepoint:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6019997&nt=28&fpart=1

To buy what makes you happy - all the power to you.

Thinking of this as a "money" or "investment" book you might as well queue Spanky now.

lol I don't think anyone has called this an "investment book". If anything I think most of the posts are from people who have owned the book for a long time, and are pleasantly surprised by the strong collector interest in the book, but still have no plans to sell. (thumbs u

-J.

Anyone buying this book now as an "investment" is :ohnoez:

I think Lonzilla said it best. At this point the book is probably more of a bragging rights book, a pride piece so to speak, for Spidey collectors and rare variant hunters alike.

In the meantime this guy ended up listing his book after all:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spiderman-678-CGC-9-4-MJ-Venom-Variant-by-Joe-Quinones-Signature-series-/291396683556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d8988724&autorefresh=true

-J.

I would rather show off a Spidey #129 9.6 for that price.

But we all like different things...

Agreed. I would rather be mortgage free.

^^

I dunno, none of my friends are envious of where I live but some of them would love to have my copy of this book

^^

I dunno, none of my friends are envious of where I live but some of them would love to have my copy of this book

You can tell that story when you're 65 and still working 60 hours a week. (thumbs u

It's always funny to me when guys seem to forget they're posting on a comic book blog. lol:baiting:

-J.

^^

You can tell that story when you're 65 and still working 60 hours a week. (thumbs u

It's always funny to me when guys seem to forget they're posting on a comic book blog. lol:baiting:

-J.

Ok then, fair enough. The "VF-" copy ends in -6 hours and is still at the batcrap crazy price of $1475. Anyone think it will go higher and/or how many copies will be listed in the next few days?

^^

-J.

Ok then, fair enough. The "VF-" copy ends in -6 hours and is still at the batcrap crazy price of $1475. Anyone think it will go higher and/or how many copies will be listed in the next few days?

I'd wager it will finish at its current price. As far as other copies being listed, they'll likely continue to trickle out at their historical rate. (thumbs u

-J.

I think $1,475 will be the final price.

^^

-J.

The question is: will the transaction actually be completed?

I know the seller, so I'll find out.

That would be an interesting follow up. I also see another auction for a raw copy that one-bidded for $1,200 a few days ago. And the 9.4 SS has a couple dozen watchers after just 48 hours. There is little doubt either way that the book has legs and lightning in the bottle, for whatever the reason.

-J.