• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Boy, today is CBM news day.

Warner Bros. Find A Writer For Michelle MacLaren's WONDER WOMAN

--------------------

The movie that some fans still believe will never happen is moving along at a good pace, with a writer now close to being officially on board Wonder Woman. Pan scribe Jason Fuchs is in talks to write the screenplay according to The Hollywood Reporter, and director Michelle MacLaren will apparently work closely with him on the drafts. She's also directing of course, and has a very impressive track record which includes the likes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Fuchs other credits include Ice Age: Continental Drift and Big Thunder.

--------------------

Michelle MacLaren Will Reportedly Shoot WONDER WOMAN With Gal Gadot This Fall

------------------

In their report on Gal Gadot joining the cast of Greg Mottola's Keeping Up With The Joneses as Diana Jones, Deadline offer an update on the Fast Furious actress' upcoming role as a certain other Diana. Last we heard, director Michelle MacLaren (Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead) actually didn't officially have a green light from Warner Bros. to shoot the solo Wonder Woman flick and was still working out the -script with Pan screenwriter Jason Fuchs.

Well, evidently that's changed, as the site reports that cameras are set to roll on the movie this Fall with a June 2017 release date in mind. Zack Snyder recently shared our first look at Aquaman from Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice, so perhaps another official image of Gal Gadot as Princess Diana is not far away.

------------------

10958476_1399557207022281_328440504_n.jpg

Can we say Jason Fuchs on here? lol

Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed when I heard he was the screenwriter of WW, when the dj of KISS 108 announced it (I guess he's dating Matty's daughter or something). I was hoping for more of a female voice, than the dude who wrote Ice Age: Continental Drift. My 2c

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/25/gal-gadot-s-wonder-woman-working-for-lex-luthor-or-bruce-wayne-2727640?lt_source=external,manual

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman

Working For Lex Luthor or

Bruce Wayne?

Diana Prince, Metahuman

One of the big developments in Batman vs Superman, and in the DC TV and Cinematic Universe in general, is getting the word out on metahumans. Basically, it's the DC version of mutants or inhumans or whatever the most PC term is for these superhuman beings that are popping up all over our movie and television screens.

In Batman vs Superman, Lex Luthor is not what you would call the biggest fan of these metahumans. He sees them as either a threat or as a way to deal with his biggest problem, that meddling Superman. Basically, he wants to stay one step ahead of the metahuman game. And one of the main focuses of this metahuman attention is none other than Diana Prince, or Wonder Woman, if you will.

Going Undercover

We know Wonder Woman plays a big part in the events of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and pictures from the set of the movie show that her Metropolis alter-ego Diana Prince will be factoring in to the plot as well. She was seen in her street clothes coming out of the Google offices which are standing in for Lex Luthor's LexCorp business.

Diana Prince seen exiting the LexCorp building

While some folks jumped on the possibility that she might be working for LexCorp, the better guess is that she's representing Wayne Enterprises, or Wayne Financial as the case may be. -script leaks have put Wonder Woman and Diana Prince as someone who is undercover at Wayne Enterprises and many rumors are painting Lex Luthor as someone who might be in possession of something Wonder Woman wants.

With LexCorp being the one who seems to be in charge of the post Man of Steel clean up, possibly even being the company that the government contracts for this kind of work, Lex Luthor is looking like he might be getting his hands on all sorts of goodies - from Kryptonian goodies, leftover Zod and World Engine bits and who knows what else. Might there be something in his possession that Wonder Woman is after?

Lex Luthor & Bruce Wayne propaganda in Metropolis.

This might backfire for Diana Prince, though, as her appearance in Metropolis may be drawing some unwanted attention and setting off some metahuman alerts for Lex Luthor. There's plenty of reason to believe that this is how Diana's cover gets blown and how Wonder Woman will finally get her debut in Batman vs Superman. You can't keep secrets from Lex Luthor.

Uncovering the Plot?

I have a feeling that Wonder Woman's undercover snooping around Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp might reveal to her that more is going on in these places than she was expecting. Something Zod related and Doomsday looking at LexCorp... Is something looking an awful lot like Batman activity happening behind the scenes at Wayne Enterprises? Or maybe that they just both have a really good benefits package for their employees?

Or it could be that Bruce Wayne sees an excellent opportunity to use Diana Prince as a way for him to find out more information on his business competitor and soon to be arch enemy. It's been heavily rumored that Batman gets to work on his Superman-Proof Batsuit by incorporating some of the Kryptonite enhanced gadgetry that Lex Luthor is working on.

Bruce Wayne, man of cell phone action.

However Wonder Woman gets introduced in Batman vs Superman, I hope the movie can incorporate her into the plot in a justifiably deserving way. It would be a shame if her character ends up feeling forced into the movie just so they can get Wonder Woman on screen in a big event. Unfortunately superhero movies have a long tradition of cramming too many characters in to one movie. But from everything that's getting leaked out there, it is shaping up to look like Diana Prince has a major role to play.

"She does look like she put on some weight compared to her super-thin pictures previously."

Yes, looking at the pictures I think there's at least 1 or maybe 2 more pounds added to her frame. At this rate she'll be ready for the role in 5 years.

My fingers are crossed that she will work out for this, but I still can't match the word "Amazon" to this casting choice.

"She does look like she put on some weight compared to her super-thin pictures previously."

Yes, looking at the pictures I think there's at least 1 or maybe 2 more pounds added to her frame. At this rate she'll be ready for the role in 5 years.

My fingers are crossed that she will work out for this, but I still can't match the word "Amazon" to this casting choice.

"I think there's at least 1 or maybe 2 more pounds added to her frame"

Are you and I looking at the same before and after pictures? Her arms were so sickly-thin in the first photo, you would think she ate a leaf once a day for food.

If you look at those photos closely, she has to have added on at least 10-15 pounds of necessary weight. She is still not my ideal candidate for Wonder Woman. But I'll at least admit the effort to pack on weight is paying off.

She is still not my ideal candidate for Wonder Woman.

Sometimes you can understand when casting makes a mistake. Maybe the actor looks the part but the personality didn't satisfy, sort of like Ben Afleck for DD. However, in this case I don't know what casting is thinking. She does not look like Wonder Woman. When you are that skinny to begin with you may be able to add a few pounds and tighten up but she will still look petite. I'm sorry to say this will be worse than Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. Not a good choice at all.