• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

In fairness, the "market" has changed its mind in the past on what is considered "key" first appearances.

-J.

Which books?

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but I cannot recall any bigger character 1st apps that has happened with. (shrug)

Edited by kimik

In fairness, the "market" has changed its mind in the past on what is considered "key" first appearances.

-J.

Which books?

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but I cannot recall any bigger character 1st apps that has happened with. (shrug)

Our Army at War 81 used to be Sgt. Rock's first appearance. Then folks wise up and it became Our Army at War 83.

Brave and Bold 54 used to be considered Teen Titans' first appearance. Still is. But that'll change, too. ;)

OK guys I need some help and some convincing. I had a 9.8 BA 12 I sold here on the boards last year and I was looking to get back into that 9.8 arena again.

I currently have this raw copy that I am not sure I am going to keep. I am on the fence with this. I want another 9.8 but the prices are getting out of hand. We saw NM 98 reach some high levels and then it came back down a little. I have this listed on ebay and its a sure fire 9.6. Should I sell and put the money to a 9.8 or just hold it and be happy. Do you think that this BA 12 bubble is going to burst and prices come back down or is this one of those books where the sky is the limit?

bsop_zpszhqtddie.jpg

bsbc_zpslskktefj.jpg

So...

u selling?

-J.

Which books?

Our Army at War 81 used to be Sgt. Rock's first appearance. Then folks wise up and it became Our Army at War 83.

Brave and Bold 54 used to be considered Teen Titans' first appearance. Still is. But that'll change, too. ;)

^^

-J.

-J.

Which books?

I said bigger characters. lol

So, that leaves us with one for now, and a maybe.

I am on the fence re: B&B #54 vs. #60 for the simple reason that all they did was add one character and call them the Teen Titans in #60. The core of the team was already in place in #54. Time will tell, I guess.

WRT Harley Quinn, the "1st Appearance in DCU" does not hold the same cachet as either of those two instances. In addition, she has 10 or so appearances in comics before the one-shot. That will be tough to overcome.

Edited by kimik

-J.

Which books?

I am on the fence re: B&B #54 vs. #60 for the simple reason that all they did was add one character and call them the Teen Titans in #60. The core of the team was already in place in #54. Time will tell, I guess.

WRT Harley Quinn, the "1st Appearance in DCU" does not hold the same cachet as either of those two instances. In addition, she has 10 or so appearances in comics before the one-shot. That will be tough to overcome.

HQ has always had a muddled "first appearance" given how the character originated on a TV show. We've been told BA 12 is the one to have, but a case could be made for the one shot which is also credited as a "first appearance", as being the more significant book. I am not saying it will become the more "valuable" book (though as we have seen, anything is possible), but I don't see how a die hard HQ fan doesn't have that book.

-J.

-J.

Which books?

All of this reminds me of an argument I gotten into with a dealer at a local show a few years ago before BA12 exploded. Seeing that Harley was getting really popular among the cosplayers, I figure eventually people will be looking for this book. At that time, I was buying up every copy I could get my hands on and one of the dealers noticed and asked me about it. When I told him why, he pulled his copy of Batman Harley Quinn from his wall and said this is the book to get and that it pre-dates BA12. I said OH RLY? and whipped out my phone and showed him photos of CGC slabs of both books. Once he realized that BA12 actually was released 6 years prior, he changed his argument saying that Batman Harley Quinn is the first appearance of her in the DCU *which was true* and that no one is gonna go after a book base on the animation. My argument is that without the animation, you wouldn't have Harley Quinn. I said that's fine, you go ahead and stock up on that book and I'll keep looking for BA12. Now we all know which book is the ONE to get. However, like many of us on the boards, I totally underestimated how popular this book could get and liquidated a majority of my copies when it hit the $100 plateau. doh!

Edited by Escaflown4

I got a BA 12 in 9.8 from CGC today......

It'll be on my wall this Sunday at Carbo's Big Apple Comic Con.Along with a BA Annual 1 slabbed 9.8 and a raw BA 12 (lower grade French copy)

I'm open to cash/trade offers on anything/everything I sell.

Just sayin'.

The market has spoken and BA #12 is considered Harley's 1st app. The Ross one-shot is nice in that it is in the DCU continuity, but there are other "animated series" related appearances before it. Add in the fact that most Harley fans know that she first appeared in the cartoon and it will be tough for the Ross one-shot to replace BA #12 as the key 1st appearance.

Correct!

If anyone reading this thread thinks Bats 12 is pulling back anytime soon please keep in mind she hasn't even hit the silver screen yet. Once she does that the book in CGC 9.8 IMO will hit close to 2k.

Harley Quinn is now the most popular female character and is looking to be a solid blue chip character going forward.

-J.

Which books?

HQ has always had a muddled "first appearance" given how the character originated on a TV show. We've been told BA 12 is the one to have, but a case could be made for the one shot which is also credited as a "first appearance", as being the more significant book. I am not saying it will become the more "valuable" book (though as we have seen, anything is possible), but I don't see how a die hard HQ fan doesn't have that book.

-J.

I understand your logic, but the market has clearly spoken its Bats 12.

However Alex Ross's cover is classic for sure!

It'll be on my wall this Sunday at Carbo's Big Apple Comic Con.Along with a BA Annual 1 slabbed 9.8 and a raw BA 12 (lower grade French copy)

Just sayin'.

If everyone used threads to pimp out their books for sale, this place would be a mess.

Just sayin'.

If everyone used threads to pimp out their books for sale, this place would be a mess.

Well, these boards are used to pimp books, but it's usually disguised as cheerleading.

So, I decided to go through some old long boxes of mine that I haven't gone through in years.

First box had a BA #8.

So now I'm freaking out.

So far I've found 1-9, all in random boxes. My OCD has taken hold, and I can't stop looking now.

Please God! Please! lol

So, I decided to go through some old long boxes of mine that I haven't gone through in years.

First box had a BA #8.

So now I'm freaking out.

So far I've found 1-9, all in random boxes. My OCD has taken hold, and I can't stop looking now.

Please God! Please! lol

:popcorn: