• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Just bought my first GA Archie. Now I just need to find a #50 and my GA Archie collection will be complete... lol Whoa, I didn't even see the one above my post...dang copycats... :sorry:

Okay here is a picture... I just got a bunch of CGC slabs in the mail yesterday.

man nice archie comic :)

Just bought my first GA Archie. Now I just need to find a #50 and my GA Archie collection will be complete... lol Whoa, I didn't even see the one above my post...dang copycats... :sorry:

Okay here is a picture... I just got a bunch of CGC slabs in the mail yesterday.

Cool books! Congrats on that highest graded Archie! :applause:

I don't think I've ever seen a TAR 41... :applause:

Thank you... I love it... I kinda hate to slab it and cut off access to the interior art. I should have snapped photos of the splash pages at least before I sent it off.

You shouldn't ever slab a book unless you want to sell it... :makepoint:

Some would say so. A lot of the books I'm slabbing because I will sell them -- I mean, eventually all the comics will be sold unless they're going to be passed on like heirlooms. Other ones I slabbed for curiosity to see how they would grade, and some I slabbed just to preserve them and protect them from my clumsy hands. Then there are some that I wanted to slab to make a nice set -- for example, I am building a set of Mad #1 through #5 that are all graded and at a similar level. (Those are comics that are so thoroughly reprinted there is nothing lost by slabbing them.) I never slabbed before so I figured I'd go for it to see what it's like. The real downers were the couple comics that came back restored and that I didn't know were restored!

I just got a couple of Archies back from the CGC... It was a nice surprise to get them as I had completely forgot about sending them ( :gossip: value tier)

Classic "Innuendo" cover, I think this one's a bit under-rated.

archie%2078_zpseh5ghf8m.jpg