• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Vincent D'Onofrio Reveals More Details About The Kingpin

----------------

How much research did you do for this character? Did you read any comics?

I think I grabbed everything that exists. With comics there's something odd, it's like a constant flood of information. Someone will always come to you with new material. But even if I had not researched this world, I would say that the combination of what Steven DeKnight, our showrunner, wrote and the art of Frank Miller is what helped me find the character.

The dream of everyone here at Marvel is doing a version of Daredevil that no one will see coming. Deliver this world in a new way, and Netflix had a lot to do that. What you will see is a 13 hour movie.

As we saw in the series, there's much of the spirit that Frank Miller gave Fisk in, say, Love & War, right?

Definitely. Of course, this version comes from another writer and another language, but there are many similarities. Especially in this aspect of vulnerability that Vanessa (Ayelet Zurer) awakens in Wilson. In the show, the relationship between Wilson and this woman will awaken many emotions in him, much more than what Miller showed in the graphic novel. This aspect is what interested me the most about the character. Unlike the comics, here you can feel a real person. This woman appears in his life and creates a conflict. It's a love that he found, he never sought, and I will not reveal anymore, but it's something important this season.

----------------

From Gomer Pyle to The the Kingpin.

I've been waiting for pictures to show up. :applause:

I just watched Full Metal Jacket Saturday. :headbang:

Good thing Kingpin doesnt run much. There were a few scenes in his cop show where he had to run. It was painful to watch lol. It was like he had a medical condition or something (which of course is possible i guess).

New Details On 'The Owl', 'Gladiator', And 'Kingpin''s Suit Of Armor?

-----------------

Probably the biggest reveal in the report is that the character of Melvin Potter, aka The Gladiator, will play a "large role" in the series. This was one of Matt Murdock's very first enemies in the comics, but actually reformed and became an ally later on. Near as we can tell he'll be Wilson Fisk's weapons guy on the show, and will not only provide the Kingpin of Crime with some kitted out armoured cars, but also some type of kevlar suit. The scene described also reveals that Leland Owsley/The Owl (Bob Gunton) will be Fisk's financial advisor in the show, and that "other characters in the Marvel Universe" will be present.

-----------------

:facepalm: It's white jacket, purple pin stripe pants, yellow vest, blue/purple jeweled ascot.

And a double-windsor.

double-windsorknot.gif

Come on, folks. Give me that double-windsor I am looking for. I love when Wilson Fisk does that little song as he dresses.

'The squirrel runs around the tree, over the top, and then jumps back through the hole. And that's how daddy ties his tie.'

:wishluck:

Old DAREDEVIL Set Photos Offer A Big Hint At Another Major Netflix Character

---------------------

You'll notice the name RAND OIL & CHEMICALS on the door of the overturned truck. Anyone familiar with Marvel knows that the Rand Corporation is the company owned by the parents of Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist. This is the first sign we've gotten that this show will be offering up as many little references and Easter eggs as it possibly can to broaden the stretch of the MCU.

---------------------

B_MdhNmU0AAPP2y.jpg

Old DAREDEVIL Set Photos Offer A Big Hint At Another Major Netflix Character

---------------------

You'll notice the name RAND OIL & CHEMICALS on the door of the overturned truck. Anyone familiar with Marvel knows that the Rand Corporation is the company owned by the parents of Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist. This is the first sign we've gotten that this show will be offering up as many little references and Easter eggs as it possibly can to broaden the stretch of the MCU.

---------------------

B_MdhNmU0AAPP2y.jpg

Where's the chemicals spilling into the sewer? (:

Complete DAREDEVIL Writing Team Revealed

• Steven S. DeKnight -- in addition to serving as showrunner, DeKnight's writing credits include Buffy the Vampire Series, Spartacus, Angel and Smallville
  • Christos Gage -- a television writer, turned comic book scribe, Gage has written Avengers Academy, Angel & Faith, The Amazing Spider-Man and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. TV credits include Law & Order: SVU.
  • Ruth Gage --- a television writer whose credits include Law & Order: SVU and Numb3rs
  • Luke Kalteux -- up-and-coming lighting technician turned screenwriter who previously worked on STARZ's Incursion
  • Douglas Petrie -- writing credits include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tru Calling, The Batman animated series and the Buffy comic series

At least they got a comic guy. Did anyone else watch The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? The episodes written by Christopher Yost (comic writer) were appreciably better.

"Best Comic-Book Show": first Daredevil's review is out!

-------------------

Well, this is what The Observer say in their first review:

"I know it’s still early in the year, but I’m calling it now: The most beautifully choreographed fight scenes of 2015 will be on Netflix, courtesy of Marvel’s Daredevil. We’ve seen the first four episodes, and this show is like no other comic book adaption on the small screen yet. The beauty of Netflix is the freedom it allows—Daredevil gets as dark as the source material requires. It’s so dark, it’s almost a better Batman show than Gotham, and that show actually has Batman in it. If nothing else, Daredevil will rule the comic book TV landscape for years to come."

-------------------

:o