• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

This thread is an "E" ticket ride...

2v9t4bl.jpg

How did I miss this?

So, when does this date from? "It's a Small World" is an "E" ticket ride? lol

When did the "Pack Mules" shutter?

My first trip to the "House of Mouse" was 1980 and the ticket system was still in place - even used some my mother had left over from her trip in 1970/1.

Checking wikipedia for ride dates, I see that this has to be from after 1967. It could be from the early 70s. The Pack mules were replaced by Big Thunder Mtn railroad in 1973. It is part of a bunch of tickets that were saved by my grandmother.

Edited by tricolorbrian

Here is the Tom Corbett Space rifle in the box. Wind it up and it makes a siren sound. It also still shoots a 4" spark out of the barrel. I got this at the "Rex Parker" estate sale I mentioned earlier. I grabbed the gun off the table. A lot of things there were two but this was the only one of these. A few minutes later my wife came up and said "there are a whole lot of toy boxes under a table in one of the bedrooms". Sure enough there were about 50 empty boxes. The people having the sale didn't think they were anything so they pitched them under a table. These were the original boxes for the toys they were selling! I asked the lady who was having the sale, how much? and she said $2.00 each. I bought them all. I noticed who was buying what toy and sold them the box on the front lawn. In some cases, I bought toys from the buyers and paired them up with the box I already had. Unreal that they could be so clueless. And they were "professionals". Just didn't know toys...

tomcorbettrilfebox_zpsenexi4ba.jpg

Amazing story -- how lucky (for the boxes!) that you were there to save them and match them up with the toys -- else for certain they may have been discarded, perhaps saved from the trash by someone, perhaps not. :)

Man... I remember wanting some planet comics a Lil while back, and seeing these now is not helping that feeling.... lol. Thanks though

There is a lot of variety in that title. If you aren't too picky, you can find something you like. All of them seem to have pretty good stories on the inside but some of the issues have fan favorite covers. I like 'em all. The pulps are good too and some are a little cheaper than the comics.

5563870131_4849ae118a_b.jpg

8189559268_7aa75247d0_c.jpg

Killer collection! :headbang: It's brought back some wonderful memories of simpler times. :cloud9: I know that remaindered comics were openly sold through "five-and-dime" type novelty shops back in the 1950s, and I was curious if you've ever run across any of the display boxes. Many thanks!

th_Box-1a.jpg

Sorry for the large images. The 5 cent sign was inside each box along with a dozen 3/4 books.

RemainderBox.jpg

RemainderSign.jpg

I've picked up a couple of these signs in collections over the years. Pretty cool stuff.

Man... I remember wanting some planet comics a Lil while back, and seeing these now is not helping that feeling.... lol. Thanks though

There is a lot of variety in that title. If you aren't too picky, you can find something you like. All of them seem to have pretty good stories on the inside but some of the issues have fan favorite covers. I like 'em all. The pulps are good too and some are a little cheaper than the comics.

5563870131_4849ae118a_b.jpg

8189559268_7aa75247d0_c.jpg

Wow BB just Wow! The colors hurt my eyes. I have most of those but they look so much better spread out like that then they do one by one. I've only got a couple pulps. They are usually way cheaper than the comics but I only buy them for the covers.

How about some Atlas War today? There were quite a few interesting covers produced. Some quite violent. I'm sure some of these have been on the boards before, but hopefully here are some you haven't seen...

Here's a favorite. Love the guy's broken neck in the foreground. Kinda twisted if you forgive the pun!

comwaradvs9_zpsyhsvvzmi.jpg