• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

I've been chatting a lot with Kyle Hotz lately. He's let me do some test inks on some of his pages. We had recently been discussing our abilities in other art forms other than comic book style. So I started working on a portrait of him using his current facebook avatar image. I threw the logo in because I felt it was only fitting :)

There are still some characteristics that need "fleshed" out better and of course it needs finishing, but this is what I managed to get done in about 6 hours yesterday.

Kyle%20Hotz%20-%20The%20Hood%20%28Portrait%29%20wip5.jpg

Edited by Sarfa

:applause: Looks good Sarfa. Is that all pencil work ?

Yes all pencils, Specifically one lead holder with a 2H lead and another with an HB lead.

Kyle%20Hotz%20-%20The%20Hood%20%28Portrait%29%20wip6.jpg

This is the picture I'm using for reference material.

Kyle%20Hotz%20-%20The%20Hood%20%28Portrait%29%20reference.jpg

Edited by Sarfa

I dabble in landscape painting, mainly acrylic on gessobord. Occasionally I'll do something like this. This is called 'Dandahu Ocean' (11"x14"), which research tells me is an actual ocean on Krypton. Superman is my first superhero love, so hope you enjoy.

153532.jpg.8242b76be2e7a469e268845c2d8652bc.jpg

I dabble in landscape painting, mainly acrylic on gessobord. Occasionally I'll do something like this. This is called 'Dandahu Ocean' (11"x14"), which research tells me is an actual ocean on Krypton. Superman is my first superhero love, so hope you enjoy.

awesome, thanks for sharing