• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

people hate the Treasury because of it's large size...it could have come out in 2002 and people still wouldn't want it.

Agree its why I passed on the book entirely. I may regret it later, but that oversize just is a big turn off no way to store well.

I don't know.... treasury bag and board, spine side down in a magazine size box with all my other treasury books. There seems to be a new one every month or two, so someone besides me buys them. Eventually CGC will slab them, and I will be ready. And I am sure the print runs on all the modern treasury books is small!

people hate the Treasury because of it's large size...it could have come out in 2002 and people still wouldn't want it.

Agree its why I passed on the book entirely. I may regret it later, but that oversize just is a big turn off no way to store well.

I don't know.... treasury bag and board, spine side down in a magazine size box with all my other treasury books. There seems to be a new one every month or two, so someone besides me buys them. Eventually CGC will slab them, and I will be ready. And I am sure the print runs on all the modern treasury books is small!

Why would CGC slab these? The market is minuscule, they'd need to order an entirely new slab size (not to mention spending the money to develop it), and they've shown that they won't even invest in another encapsulation machine that everyone knows they need to improve the bottleneck that is killing TATs. From an economic standpoint it is unlikely they do this, and even if they did it doesn't solve the problem of them being awkward to store.

Question about slabbing; I'm planning on submitting a number of books to CGC soon. I know generally it's only worth submitting 9.8s in the Modern category. With the low print numbers of Enormous, would submitting a book that you're pretty sure isn't a 9.8 but would be a 9.4 or 9.6 for sure increase the resale value more than the cost of grading? Would it make a difference if it was one of the more limited variants versus one of the A or B covers?

Question about slabbing; I'm planning on submitting a number of books to CGC soon. I know generally it's only worth submitting 9.8s in the Modern category. With the low print numbers of Enormous, would submitting a book that you're pretty sure isn't a 9.8 but would be a 9.4 or 9.6 for sure increase the resale value more than the cost of grading? Would it make a difference if it was one of the more limited variants versus one of the A or B covers?

At this point, I would not grade any books that I knew not to be 9.8s. In the future...? Perhaps.

At this point, I would not grade any books that I knew not to be 9.8s. In the future...? Perhaps.

+1

For now, I wouldn't slab anything that I didn't think was 9.8 material

+1

Does this go for the NYCC as well? I think it has a shot at 9.8, but I'm far from certain.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

+1

Does this go for the NYCC as well? I think it has a shot at 9.8, but I'm far from certain.

Ehh, That may be the exception. Personally I would still wait though.

Do what you feel.....man :kidaround:

I have trouble evaluating the the covers for number one. The odd shapes on the cover, the type of stock used... it made it difficult for me. I sent in 4 of what I think are good candidates, but... I guess we'll see.

Hopefully I don't end up with the second 8.0 :)