• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

i was thinking of purchasing a 9.8 copy because i got a nice amount from my income tax, but with the prices going for as much as they are... i'm really just going to have to pass on it and just try and be happy with my 9.6 version i already own.

Edited by Donmeca2020

Do you know what the defect is on your 9.6? Maybe it's a good CPR candidate rather than buying a 9.8.

not quite sure... it's not super glossy and bright, but i guess im content with it.

i just saw on a ebay email i was sent, they just sold a 9.8 for almost $2200 dollars yesterday :o

too rich for my blood..

Do you know what the defect is on your 9.6? Maybe it's a good CPR candidate rather than buying a 9.8.

not quite sure... it's not super glossy and bright, but i guess im content with it.

i just saw on a ebay email i was sent, they just sold a 9.8 for almost $2200 dollars yesterday :o

too rich for my blood..

It actually sold for $1510.

No way of telling how legitimate that sale really is though.

-J.

too rich for my blood..

-J.

Blue or Yellow?

Just curious.

too rich for my blood..

-J.

Blue or Yellow?

Just curious.

He was referring to a blue label sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1963-1st-Series-300-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-/331130676709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d18ed25e5

A highly dubious sale since there were other, far cheaper copies for sale at the same time, including an ongoing auction that ended at $1,050 yesterday morning. But mission accomplished, as now pretty much all remaining copies on ebay have been raised since that supposed sale hit GPA. doh!

-J.