• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do WTB ad's work?
2 2

105 posts in this topic

For me it's been hit or miss. The one thing i've realized is that other boardies will be on the look out for you, through others sales threads or at their local comic shops. You gotta love that.

I look at the list often. Last year, somebody needed a few issues of the 80s series The Realm. I was out at a shop rummaging through their 50-cent bins and found most of them. He was really happy.

They work hugely for me.

I have 4 short boxes of price variants and a run of Pre Hero ST to show for mine and have made almost all of my sales here from answering WTB.

Also had several successful trades and exchanged good leads on books through the WTB threads

They work hugely for me.

I have 4 short boxes of price variants and a run of Pre Hero ST to show for mine and have made almost all of my sales here from answering WTB.

Also had several successful trades and exchanged good leads on books through the WTB threads

Thank you for my X-men 104 CGC 9.8 :foryou:

They work hugely for me.

Thank you for my X-men 104 CGC 9.8 :foryou:

Best of luck with the #131.

Someone should help you out, can't find a better person to sell to. Best of luck in your search (thumbs u

I've got a few great dealers who contact me with interests.

WTB threads for me aren't that great because I refuse to be specific in my title and make people open the thread to find out what it is I am actually looking for.

But those who I like to deal with will PM me to inquire what it is I need (thumbs u

Kudos to them

Do you think WTB ad's work?

As in most things....Sir Paul said it best.

Basically, everyone's mileage will vary. I've responded to dozens of WTB's successfully.

Some folks want to pay a respectable amount for the books they want and reasonable people will transact.

However, there are many others who want books that they can't find anywhere else (resorting to WTB ads) for silly discounts off of true market value. Basically, they want someone to do the leg work, find them the book, and then give it to them. Those don't work out as well. lol

Of course, if it's a truly hard to find or obscure item you are looking for then it's a needle in a haystack situation where you have to get lucky that the right guy reads the WTB's on that day.

So in closing if you want your WTB to be successful:

1) Come correct

2) seek not the holy grail in these low places

3) give the respect to others that you hope your wtb will engender.