• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,433 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. I'm getting so many Paul DCs, that I'll probably have to sell some non-Paul comics to make room

I'll take the Master 25. :hi:

:rulez:(tsk)

get in line mr

They're serving free Coke Zero at the back of the line. :gossip:

Thanks guys. I'm getting so many Paul DCs, that I'll probably have to sell some non-Paul comics to make room

I'll take the Master 25. :hi:

:rulez:(tsk)

get in line mr

They're serving free Coke Zero at the back of the line. :gossip:

hm

25B21AB1-712F-489F-9235-9FBA9C1E4E28_zpsf7bhuiif.jpg
WOW!! You are going to have to do a 'Paul' book group shot one day when you hit the roof for how many you want to acquire. You really should do some background work into this now 'name collector' thanks to you(and Robot Man)on these boards. Think it's worth doing. Oh and great Pick ups! DC goodies!!

Wow, another nice "Paul" haul Bill! I don't know how you keep finding them. Are you trying to re-assemble the collection? As far as I know, there were only about 6 people who got any quantity of them. Most were from secondary buyers. I got most all of mine from the guy that purchased the collection from Paul's family. You are going to have the largest collection of them soon!

Sagii: I've told told the "Paul" story several times in this thread. I got the lowdown from the buyer of the collection when I bought them. A nice and huge collection!

We are only concentration on the GA comics. His comic collection went all the way up to about 10 years ago. The collection also included TONS of Books, Pulps, Fanzines, Undergrounds and other magazines.

25B21AB1-712F-489F-9235-9FBA9C1E4E28_zpsf7bhuiif.jpg
WOW!! You are going to have to do a 'Paul' book group shot one day when you hit the roof for how many you want to acquire. You really should do some background work into this now 'name collector' thanks to you(and Robot Man)on these boards. Think it's worth doing. Oh and great Pick ups! DC goodies!!

Wow, another nice "Paul" haul Bill! I don't know how you keep finding them. Are you trying to re-assemble the collection? As far as I know, there were only about 6 people who got any quantity of them. Most were from secondary buyers. I got most all of mine from the guy that purchased the collection from Paul's family. You are going to have the largest collection of them soon!

Sagii: I've told told the "Paul" story several times in this thread. I got the lowdown from the buyer of the collection when I bought them. A nice and huge collection!

We are only concentration on the GA comics. His comic collection went all the way up to about 10 years ago. The collection also included TONS of Books, Pulps, Fanzines, Undergrounds and other magazines.

Hi Robot Man. I didn't always catch every days posts to your thread. Last night after I posted that comment, I combed through some pages if the thread I thought I missed when it was originally posted. I read the story, great detective work there. That guy was one of the more prolific pioneer collectors. Too bad ' condition' is probably the main condition keeping it from being recognized as a pedigree. A shame with such solid provenance and scope.

I don't really think it was the condition as much as other factors. There were a lot of books but not a whole lot of continious runs of titles and some he bought second hand. All of these 3 factors would keep it out of the "pedigree" status. The buyer did not keep a list either. And just to make it more complex. Not all of them are marked "Paul". At the end of the day, it's a hellava nice, large collection. One that everyone on these boards would have loved to get their hands on. I didn't even look at the SA-on stuff at all. There was so much GA I just kept my attention on those boxes.I believe Bill might soon be the "King of the Pauls" if he keeps on the tear he is going!

I don't really think it was the condition as much as other factors. There were a lot of books but not a whole lot of continious runs of titles and some he bought second hand. All of these 3 factors would keep it out of the "pedigree" status. The buyer did not keep a list either. And just to make it more complex. Not all of them are marked "Paul". At the end of the day, it's a hellava nice, large collection. One that everyone on these boards would have loved to get their hands on. I didn't even look at the SA-on stuff at all. There was so much GA I just kept my attention on those boxes.I believe Bill might soon be the "King of the Pauls" if he keeps on the tear he is going!

:wishluck::acclaim:

AA7BD80F-8039-47E0-8DB6-F6D1E202CEC0_zpsywnlrnfd.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Never saw this one before...ADVENTURE #120 was the last one I bought until

I picked up again with #137...never wrote my name on a single book.

mm

mm

Thanks Marty :)

Go back and write your name on a few of them now lol

mm

Thanks Marty :)

Go back and write your name on a few of them now lol

I wonder about the different handwriting and the sometime use of quotation marks. I wonder if the -script with quotation marks might have been written by his mother, perhaps to distinguish his books from those of a sibling?

(I'm overthinking this! But pedigree or known provenance books are my favorites.)

Edited by Sqeggs

What I heard was that his mother wrote his name on the early books. From the late '40s on is "Paul's" writing. I still say this isn't a pedigree but just a very nice collection.

Right. I would put this in the "known provenance" category since it doesn't pass muster to receive a pedigree designation from CGC.

I also don't think enough people saw the expanse of the collection when it was broken up. The buyer also didn't keep a list either. There were only a few of us that bought from the buyer of the collection. I'm probably the only one who bought for my collection and kept them all. Ed Robertson was first in and bought most of the Batman, Detective, All Star and a smattering of other good ones (mostly DC's). Harley, Jamie Graham, Brian Peets created a feeding frenzy at Terry's con buying from Jim Maley who was one of the biggest purchasers from the source. Jim bought all the funny animal, western, and a very large portion of the GA DC's. Jim is a toy dealer that works for Morphy's and runs a twice a year toy show out here on the west coast. He will be setting up at Wonder Con with a lot of Paul books including many that he has held on to. He is strictly a dealer so everything he bought is for sale.