• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

first georgie scratched off the w'list in a looong time. 5 to go.

georgie37.jpg

You must already have this one, or it wouldn't have been around for me to snag! :D

_57_zpsvvaskcve.jpg

Isn't that the issue where Georgie visits Timely comics? Are any of the artists mentioned or pictured? I have a copy but haven't looked at it in years and just can't remember.

first georgie scratched off the w'list in a looong time. 5 to go.

georgie37.jpg

You must already have this one, or it wouldn't have been around for me to snag! :D

_57_zpsvvaskcve.jpg

Isn't that the issue where Georgie visits Timely comics? Are any of the artists mentioned or pictured? I have a copy but haven't looked at it in years and just can't remember.

I'm not sure. It's on the way and I'll check when I get it. Sounds like a bonus.

Just out of curiosity, what draws you to this title more than any of the other Timely/Atlas teeneage books? (There are so many to choose from)

bought one cuz it was cool; bought a second cuz it was cool. then, completist that i am, i said "i guess i'll get them all." no more complicated than that.

I wanted to marry these and it won't work.

:ohnoez:

The sizes don't match so the added centerfold is page sticks way out... maybe one is trimmed? (left one)

The other has half the back cover and a page missing. But the staples are at different heights...

I don''t really want to cut a wrap in half or trim a centerfold...

What would you do?

16746749086_303c9960db_k.jpg

i'm thinking this book instantly becomes my rarest timely. simply never seen, and i think it's oh, so cool.

_57-1.jpg

Proud of you for going the extra mile to get that one, geek. Just beautiful!

You ought to post it in the Teem Humor thread as there was discussion on these recently.

So, I bought this off of eBay and it arrived today. Weirdest packaging I've ever seen. It was sealed, without a backing board, in a plastic bag with a solid plastic clip closing the top opening, The bag was put between two Styrofoam sheets and then placed into an unpadded priority envelope. When I got the package my heart sank when I saw the envelope and I was really sad when I opened it and found the book sticking out above the Styrofoam about half an inch. Still, the book arrived without any shipping damage that I can find! :whee:

CA39_zpsrhpmbmjg.jpg

So, I bought this off of eBay and it arrived today. Weirdest packaging I've ever seen. It was sealed, without a backing board, in a plastic bag with a solid plastic clip closing the top opening, The bag was put between two Styrofoam sheets and then placed into an unpadded priority envelope. When I got the package my heart sank when I saw the envelope and I was really sad when I opened it and found the book sticking out above the Styrofoam about half an inch. Still, the book arrived without any shipping damage that I can find! :whee:

CA39_zpsrhpmbmjg.jpg

what a great book! love that cover

The sizes don't match so the added centerfold is page sticks way out... maybe one is trimmed? (left one)

The other has half the back cover and a page missing. But the staples are at different heights...

What would you do?

16746749086_303c9960db_k.jpg

Timelys of that era were fairly inconsistent in terms of width. I've seen books that look so narrow with info clipped on the right edge that they look heavily trimmed at first glance, but ended up with a blue label. For fc eye-appeal, there isn't any advantage to moving the centerfold from one to the other. What's on the missing page - story or advertising? I'd have someone make a high quality reproduction of the CF which you could trim up to marry properly, and wait for a nicer copy ( yes I know the book is not that common) to marry the real CF to.

What would you do?

Timelys of that era were fairly inconsistent in terms of width. I've seen books that look so narrow with info clipped on the right edge that they look heavily trimmed at first glance, but ended up with a blue label. For fc eye-appeal, there isn't any advantage to moving the centerfold from one to the other. What's on the missing page - story or advertising? I'd have someone make a high quality reproduction of the CF which you could trim up to marry properly, and wait for a nicer copy ( yes I know the book is not that common) to marry the real CF to.

I doubt its trimmed; just a difference in production. Still, you have two #3s so you've just about cornered the market. :)

i'm thinking this book instantly becomes my rarest timely. simply never seen, and i think it's oh, so cool.

_57-1.jpg

Proud of you for going the extra mile to get that one, geek. Just beautiful!

You ought to post it in the Teem Humor thread as there was discussion on these recently.

Me likey. :luhv: