• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

David Ayer Teases SUICIDE SQUAD Reveal Today (3/2); Will We See 'The Joker'?

----------------------

What's coming tomorrow? Something, according to Suicide Squad director David Ayer. It could be anything in all honesty, with an official logo and cast list in the form of a press release most likely. However, with Jared Leto confirming that he's touched down in Toronto, could he be about to get a shave and a haircut to be transformed into The Joker? That would certainly be a good way to get people talking anyway! Shooting is expected to begin in the Canadian city next month, so they must be right in the middle of costume fittings and the like right now.

----------------------

Jared Leto Plans To Make His Joker In ‘Suicide Squad’ The Best One Yet

----------------------

“Jared wants to make sure his Joker is not only something the fans will love, but he doesn’t want to step on the toes of Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger,” an insider tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

“He wants to make the character completely his own,” our source continues. “He knows that this role may be his most difficult ever, but he is confident that he will make his version of the Joker the best. This Joker will be more cerebral and comedic than what we have seen before, nobody should expect a copycat version. It’s going to be awesome!”

----------------------

----------------------

“Jared wants to make sure his Joker is not only something the fans will love, but he doesn’t want to step on the toes of Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger,” an insider tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

“He wants to make the character completely his own,” our source continues. “He knows that this role may be his most difficult ever, but he is confident that he will make his version of the Joker the best. This Joker will be more cerebral and comedic than what we have seen before nobody should expect a copycat version. It’s going to be awesome!”

----------------------

I have worried that the Joker and Harley Quinn sequences in this movie would end up being played as the "comedy relief" portions. This quote, I hope, has not just confirmed that.

-J.

----------------------

“He wants to make the character completely his own,” our source continues. “He knows that this role may be his most difficult ever, but he is confident that he will make his version of the Joker the best. This Joker will be more cerebral and comedic than what we have seen before nobody should expect a copycat version. It’s going to be awesome!”

----------------------

I have worried that the Joker and Harley Quinn sequences in this movie would end up being played as the "comedy relief" portions. This quote, I hope, has not just confirmed that.

-J.

Jared Leto is going to try to make beat HL as best joker of all time. Will he succeed? I have no idea, but the guy is one of the most multi-talented entertainers of his generation.

He takes all his role seriously so I would expect to see an in between Jack's and Health's Jokers.

Leto's is a blue chip to not let you down. I am not worried even 1%, and Maggie as Harley Quinn is one of the most obvious casting role since RDj as Iron Man.

Suicide Squad is going to be just what DC needs to being attention to their characters besides the big two.

INSURGENT Star Jai Courtney Briefly Talks Prep For 'Captain Boomerang' In SUICIDE SQUAD

--------------------

"I'm not on set [yet, but] I'm about to ship out as we speak," he said. "I'm going to Toronto to [start] shooting." Courtney was then asked if his bulked physique is for the supervillain role. "Yeah it is a little," he replied, adding, "I'm playing an Aussie, so I've just been eating meat pie and drinking beer; it's such a stretch."

--------------------

lol

More From Jai Courtney On SUICIDE SQUAD Training, Co-Stars, And Director David Ayer

------------------

"Everyone's been in training, but we're yet to kind of all converge and get down, but that's happening this week," he said. "I can't wait. It's really cool. It's going to be [as] big as you can imagine and, you know, it's a really interesting world."

------------------

:o

------------------

"It does attract a certain amount of talent and dedication and [David] really demands that," he said. "I mean, I'd heard a lot about what he put the guys through on Fury in order to prepare for that film and it fascinated me. I mean, you don't always get that. That's such a privilege as an actor when you are presented with a challenge and expected to really bring it and match and kind of come along. I think the group he's assembled, there's probably going to be a really healthy amount of competition between us. You know, not just to do it like the macho elements of like getting in shape and stuff....And you bring out the best in one another when you demand that of each other."

------------------

----------------------

----------------------

-J.

Jared Leto is going to try to make beat HL as best joker of all time. Will he succeed? I have no idea, but the guy is one of the most multi-talented entertainers of his generation.

He takes all his role seriously so I would expect to see an in between Jack's and Health's Jokers.

Leto's is a blue chip to not let you down. I am not worried even 1%, and Maggie as Harley Quinn is one of the most obvious casting role since RDj as Iron Man.

Suicide Squad is going to be just what DC needs to being attention to their characters besides the big two.

Agreed.

This is going to be DC`s Guardians of The Galaxy.

Huge!

----------------------

----------------------

-J.

Agreed.

This is going to be DC`s Guardians of The Galaxy.

Huge!

Problem is, the original Guardians were brought together to stop the Badoon. They weren't criminals. The SS are the opposite. Yes, once again I'm being the crotchety old guy on the porch yelling at the kids on my lawn. :preach: