• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

Wow! It is loading really fast now.

Any changes in how database web service call-outs are processed?

The lags seem to come and go. Right after I enabled AdBlocker I was zipping along. Then it was back to dial-up speed. This morning it's great. (shrug)

Just got this

Generated in 6.764 seconds in which 6.752 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

And then right after that, got this

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 33 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Quite a variance

Then I either reloaded pages or clicked various forum links and the load times were very fast. Essentially instantaneous.

And then, got this

Generated in 3.742 seconds in which 3.73 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

And then it was blazing fast again.

And then...

Generated in 8.893 seconds in which 8.875 seconds were spent on a total of 19 queries. Zlib compression enabled (shrug)

Actually, seems like reloading pages is much faster than clicking directly on a forum link

Too bad Firefox doesn't used the cached versions, it seems to want to reload every page, which is totally unnecessary. Also, FF likes to reload the page I am already on instead of actually go back when I hit the"back" button in the browser.

*sigh*

-slym

Then I either reloaded pages or clicked various forum links and the load times were very fast. Essentially instantaneous.

And then, got this

Generated in 3.742 seconds in which 3.73 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

And then it was blazing fast again.

And then...

Generated in 8.893 seconds in which 8.875 seconds were spent on a total of 19 queries. Zlib compression enabled (shrug)

Actually, seems like reloading pages is much faster than clicking directly on a forum link

Posting generally is much slower for me than clicking on a thread.

Generated in 13.844 seconds in which 13.825 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Most sites have ads, but no other site I visit has lags of anything like this length.

It's brutal sometimes.

Yeah. I know nothing about IT but it would be nice if they gave us an explanation, even if (CLink-style) it was along the lines of, "We know it's a problem, but we're using antique software and there's no way we're spending the dough to fix it."

Better, of course, would be, "We think we've identified the problem and it will be fixed soon." :D

It's brutal sometimes.

Yes it is sometime brutal. I had this about 15 minutes ago.

Generated in 54.547 seconds in which 54.534 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Sometimes it loads fast and sometimes not. Hope they find a fix soon :wishluck:

We made a couple of tweaks to the database over the last week. Has anyone noticed an improvement, or is it about the same?

I haven't had any of the really long (> 30 secs) delays, but still routinely encounter delays of up to 10 seconds. So I would still say it's slower than any other site I know of.