• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

If I were asking over GPA plus full shipping and paying zero fees here, I don't think I would charge 3% for Paypal :o

This has always been my biggest pet peeve of sellers here. Luckily very few do it. As I have said before, you get to sell for free so at least build it into the price or something so I don't feel like I am being screwed out of every penny. lol

If I were asking over GPA plus full shipping and paying zero fees here, I don't think I would charge 3% for Paypal :o

This has always been my biggest pet peeve of sellers here. Luckily very few do it. As I have said before, you get to sell for free so at least build it into the price or something so I don't feel like I am being screwed out of every penny. lol

How do you even start meaningful negotiations on a sale price when the sales pitch begins with quibbling over 3% ----- and that very 3% builds in the security for buying over the Internet to begin with? doh!

Even on a thousand dollar book, 3% is only $30.

How do you even start meaningful negotiations on a sale price when the sales pitch begins with quibbling over 3% ----- and that very 3% builds in the security for buying over the Internet to begin with? doh!

Even on a thousand dollar book, 3% is only $30.

post-58615-Chevy-Chase-no-math-SNL-gif-Im-IvKX.gif

Agreed. The only possible exception is something absolutely scorching red hot that even full/over recent GPA is a steal. That's a rare situation though.

Heh - I had to go looking for the sales thread you all were talking about, it didn't take long to find it with the GL reference (and no responses to the thread helped as well!)

:lol:

I like how the seller wants to blame "a slow day" instead of the fact that he's $75-90 above GPA and he wants the 3% for PayPal.

:facepalm:

-slym

Slym , you sly devil..

Did you go and sign up for GPA without telling us? :applause:

Well, my little situation wasn't going to last forever, I can afford it now... but the seller tells us what GPA is for these right in his sales thread.

-slym

Slym , you sly devil..

Did you go and sign up for GPA without telling us? :applause:

Well, my little situation wasn't going to last forever, I can afford it now... but the seller tells us what GPA is for these right in his sales thread.

-slym

I didn't get that far.. I just read the headlines :banana:

You have to give the guy credit though. Most people overstate what GPA is, then pretend to sell for that same amount. This guy quoted GPA and proceeded to blatantly ask for a lot more. lol

You have to give the guy credit though. Most people overstate what GPA is, then pretend to sell for that same amount. This guy quoted GPA and proceeded to blatantly ask for a lot more. lol

To be fair, GPA is what someone else paid for the book -- not something writ in stone from the mount.

Moses_zps0r9xrhrl.jpg

Higher prices happen because someone pays a higher price.

Looking for opinions on a sale i'm thinking of having.I have about 25 Omnibi, a couple hundred modern hardcovers, softcovers and assorted TPBs and under copies of SA/BA books.

I'd like to donate some of the proceeds to The Hero Initiative. Somewhere along the line of 10% if the sale brings in $1,000 and 25% if it brings in $2,000.

I'm not sure how to word it or if its an idea people will person_without_enough_empathy about.

Any ideas? I am leaning towards an auction, rather that a straight sales thread.

To be fair, GPA is what someone else paid for the book -- not something writ in stone from the mount.

Moses_zps0r9xrhrl.jpg

True enough, though it appears it won't happen in this particular case! :D

Moses_zps0r9xrhrl.jpg

True enough, though it appears it won't happen in this particular case! :D

unless someone pops it on Clink for $1650

Looking for opinions on a sale i'm thinking of having.I have about 25 Omnibi, a couple hundred modern hardcovers, softcovers and assorted TPBs and under copies of SA/BA books.

I'd like to donate some of the proceeds to The Hero Initiative. Somewhere along the line of 10% if the sale brings in $1,000 and 25% if it brings in $2,000.

I'm not sure how to word it or if its an idea people will person_without_enough_empathy about.

Any ideas? I am leaning towards an auction, rather that a straight sales thread.

Would be good to wait for VCC? Personally, I don't pay much attention till VCC, but who knows?