• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Username: Benjamin Cruz

Order a copy of ASM#1 signed by Stan Lee, Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba, and Edgar Delgado.

Book was signed by signed by everyone and submitted to CGC...came back in September and I invoiced him for it. Said he needed a whlie to pay and I told him I'd give him time. Then nothing...

I learned about the probation list in December but at first I thought he was no longer on the boards as he was such a new user so I didn't bother but just saw that in Jan and Feb he has posted on some threads so I figured it was time to send in the information.

Did you send the PM letting the person know you are nominating him to the PL?

So instead of scrolling through 2900 pages in this thread, thought I'd just ask:

I had my first non-paying buyer. I gave him WAY more than 30 days but he stopped responding so now I guess I need to report it. Do I just put the information down in the thread and then he's added to a list?

Or is there some kind of public flogging involved. lol

You don't have to read 2900 pages, but reading these will help you.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

They are in a separate thread so people don't have to search.

We only do public flogging on Fridays;)

So instead of scrolling through 2900 pages in this thread, thought I'd just ask:

I had my first non-paying buyer. I gave him WAY more than 30 days but he stopped responding so now I guess I need to report it. Do I just put the information down in the thread and then he's added to a list?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

I'm told they've hired new Moderators for this

Apparently wrist slaps and strikes are up 30%!

mod-xox_zpscltskikn.jpg

mod-xox_zpscltskikn.jpg

Kinky! :takeit: my wrists are ready.I've been a cheeky little porcupine.

mod-xox_zpscltskikn.jpg

This was the photo she attached to her resume.

Unfortunately the job interview was done over the phone.

When she showed up for work Harshen and Paul realized she is almost 90 years old now.

Order a copy of ASM#1 signed by Stan Lee, Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba, and Edgar Delgado.

Book was signed by signed by everyone and submitted to CGC...came back in September and I invoiced him for it. Said he needed a whlie to pay and I told him I'd give him time. Then nothing...

I learned about the probation list in December but at first I thought he was no longer on the boards as he was such a new user so I didn't bother but just saw that in Jan and Feb he has posted on some threads so I figured it was time to send in the information.

I did and I have not received a response.

mod-xox_zpscltskikn.jpg

When she showed up for work Harshen and Paul realized she is almost 90 years old now.

...a good whipping is the only language some folks understand.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

mod-xox_zpscltskikn.jpg

Senior Shades of Grey. It could work. Greenlight it.

I did and I have not received a response.

I added him to the list. (thumbs u

There is a current seller on the boards here who I paid to create a sketch, and he never created it nor refunded me. This was about two years ago. At the time I thought he was going through a tough period so I didn't press the issue. We did message back and forth and he apologized, but again, I thought maybe I wouldn't be seeing him even post on the boards anymore.

But now I see he's posting books for sale on the boards. I don't think this is right, what do boardies think I should do?

At this point, I would tell him that unless you receive a full refund in x amount of days, you're going to unfortunately nominate him for the Probation List.

Then when x day comes, if you haven't received a refund, formally nominate them here with a new PM to the person with a link to this discussion.

USERNAME:

Hunter87

I sent him an invoice on February 15 via PM.

He left the PM February 20 - without saying a word.

So yeah.

WATCH YOURSELF.

Its been two weeks. I told him I was putting him on the PL two weeks ago.

IT HAS BEEN DECIDED.

I'd like to nominate LarrysComics for the probation list. I've informed him of this via PM.

I ordered some Phantom variants from him in February and followed his ordering instructions to the letter. When I payed him with Paypal, I included the following message:

"Hi Larry. Here's $49.99 for 3 copies of the Spider-Gwen #1 Phantom variant (color) + shipping to Canada. I'd really appreciate it if you could pick out copies with 9.8 potential for me. Thanks!"

On February 19, I received a tracking number for my order. A few days ago, my comics still hadn't arrived, so I went to track my books to see where they were. When I did, I discovered that the most recent tracking information still dated from February 19 when a shipping label was created. I e-mailed Larry to see what was up and didn't get a response. I tried to get in touch with him again today by PM and was successful. I told Larry about the situation and to his credit, he got right on the case to see what was going on.

Shortly thereafter, I received a refund from Larry and the following PM:

"Yes...

You requested 9.8's

That in my experience is BAD news.

I just refunded you, thought I did it that day. Apologies.

Not getting roped into that game.

Sorry."

Larry then proceeded to remove himself from our conversation.

I was going to let this go, but after some consideration, I felt it necessary to bring this to the board's attention. If this had happened to another boardie, I would definitely have wanted to be made aware of it so that I could actively avoid doing business with the seller who wronged him.

I'd like to nominate LarrysComics for the probation list. I'm informed him of this via PM.

I ordered some Phantom variants from him in February and followed his ordering instructions to the letter. When I payed him with Paypal, I included the following message:

"Hi Larry. Here's $49.99 for 3 copies of the Spider-Gwen #1 Phantom variant (color) + shipping to Canada. I'd really appreciate it if you could pick out copies with 9.8 potential for me. Thanks!"

On February 19, I received a tracking number for my order. A few days ago, my comics still hadn't arrived, so I went to track my books to see where they were. When I did, I discovered that the most recent tracking information still dated from February 19 when a shipping label was created. I e-mailed Larry to see what was up and didn't get a response. I tried to get in touch with him again today by PM and was successful. I told Larry about the situation and to his credit, he got right on the case to see what was going on.

Shortly thereafter, I received a refund from Larry and the following PM:

"Yes...

You requested 9.8's

That in my experience is BAD news.

I just refunded you, thought I did it that day. Apologies.

Not getting roped into that game.

Sorry."

Larry then proceeded to remove himself from our conversation.

I was going to let this go, but after some consideration, I felt it necessary to bring this to the board's attention. If this had happened to another boardie, I would definitely have wanted to be made aware of it so that I could actively avoid doing business with the seller who wronged him.

:o

Poor communication and making up rules on the fly?...from Larry? Shocking.

I think someone should mention that the 3 variants you bought for $50 total are selling for $75-100 total. I guess I just did.

Also, they don't seem to be for sale on Larry's site any more. Does he still have copies for sale for $16-17 each?

Pretty convenient, almost a month later, to cancel a sale when the book is going for about twice as much now. I wonder if he's got any more in stock at the original price.