• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Has anyone else encountered this? Sold a book to the customer who immediately initiates a return and claims the book is counterfeit because CGC decided to slab it in a thicker case than he/she is used to.

Not a big deal but annoying. eBay user: velgor

3-1-2015%2011-52-40%20AM.jpg

I actually had concerns the first time I got a thicker slab due to lack of experience with them. I don't think everyone knows until they've encountered it. Just explain to them that books with a certain number of pages are encapsulated in a thicker slab and refer them to the certification verification page.

Has anyone else encountered this? Sold a book to the customer who immediately initiates a return and claims the book is counterfeit because CGC decided to slab it in a thicker case than he/she is used to.

I actually had concerns the first time I got a thicker slab due to lack of experience with them. I don't think everyone knows until they've encountered it. Just explain to them that books with a certain number of pages are encapsulated in a thicker slab and refer them to the certification verification page.

Good call.

But it's not just the case size he has an issue with.

His complaint is also that there is supposedly "dust" around the comic and the corners of the comic don't meet his definition of 9.8. Thus he bought a CGC graded book when he doesn't agree with CGC's grading standards.

So rather than educate himself on slab sizes and/or buyer from dealers whose grading standards he does agree with, he's going to force the seller to accept a return.

He's not a confused buyer. He's a typical eBay problem buyer who refuses to accept responsibility.

Good call.

+1

I went ahead and accepted the return but still a bit puzzled how this guy immediately jumped to "counterfeit" without even bothering to check the cert page. smeh

For the record the slab is a 9.8 Outcast.

Consider blocking tilainamariep. Within minutes of buying a Tomb of Dracula #5 from me, I get this message:

"I apologize, I already own #5. Can you refund my payment? I apologize for any inconvenience! I didn't have my list near by of issues I own. I'm sorry!

Tilaina Pebley"

So I asked her why she couldn't look at her "list" first before buying and cancelled the order. :facepalm:

Consider blocking tilainamariep. Within minutes of buying a Tomb of Dracula #5 from me, I get this message:

"I apologize, I already own #5. Can you refund my payment? I apologize for any inconvenience! I didn't have my list near by of issues I own. I'm sorry!

Tilaina Pebley"

So I asked her why she couldn't look at her "list" first before buying and cancelled the order. :facepalm:

Just saw the pertaining e-mails:

Purchased at 8:05 PM

Paid for at 8:06 PM

Request to cancel at 8:08 PM

meh

Tilaina Pebley"

meh

Apparently the list was near by.

Tilaina Pebley"

meh

Apparently the list was near by.

:roflmao:

But in all seriousness this exact same thing happened to me last week with a slabbed Witchblade book. Fun times on eBay all around!

IMO this guy should be blocked:

tro.coffm

Florida resident

He paid on Friday and I shipped his comic first thing Monday morning 2-3 day priority mail, and I answered his email today right away saying I did just that. However he says I lied to him and should have shipped out the book the next day.

He threatened to leave bad feedback.

I never had someone get so upset over this. He will still be getting his book well before a week of him paying. :facepalm:

Awesome that he threatened neg FB-now if he leaves it you can have it removed.

I wonder if he's younger, one of the "instant gratification" crowd... but hey, if your auction didn't have a 1-day handling time listed, then he needs to get a grip on himself. Maybe he needs to be reminded of that, if he keeps pressing you about it.

-slym

I wonder if he's younger, one of the "instant gratification" crowd... but hey, if your auction didn't have a 1-day handling time listed, then he needs to get a grip on himself. Maybe he needs to be reminded of that, if he keeps pressing you about it.

-slym

Expedited shipping means 2-5 business days, so I am still meeting my quota.

Even so I doubt anyone of us would be butthurt about paying on Friday and then shipping out on Monday Morning. IMO super unreasonable.

How can any buyer be upset about getting their item less than a week after payment is beyond me.

Oh I am sure it is an instant younger d-bag. TT #2 is right off the Arrow crowd.

Watch him be like 50 years old haha

Edited by SPECTRE_007

Personally I always ship out same day as paid-I just don't want the headaches

Expedited shipping means 2-5 business days, so I am still meeting my quota.

Even so I doubt anyone of us would be butthurt about paying on Friday and then shipping out on Monday Morning. IMO super unreasonable.

How can any buyer be upset about getting their item less than a week after payment is beyond me.

Oh I am sure it is an instant younger d-bag. TT #2 is right off the Arrow crowd.

Watch him be like 50 years old haha

:signfunny:

-slym