• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Random Enormous observation. Is anyone paying attention to issue #2a. I don't see them a lot in the "wild".

It's the same with all issues 2 & 3, both Cover A and Cover B, you simply don't see many out there. I think these will be the sleepers especially considering the numbers printed; if you want to complete a collection you'll be looking to source those. I was lucky that a retailer here in Melbourne, Australia ordered some; hence why I'm sitting on handful.

With the low numbers on all these books it could play out many different ways. The first print of the first few issues (led by the Cover A's) may be where people will eventually land when this book gets even more increased attention. It is still very early days and we are just fortunate to be in on ground floor.

I still think there is way too much emphasis on the NYCC (which, when you think about it, is essentially one (albeit a limited print) of four reprints. Still, nice to own one...

In regards to the NYCC, I think its all about that print run of 106. Its the smallest printed #1. If 300 people decide they want a full set of #1s, That will be the toughest to get. For me, its not the most desirable, but as far as $$ goes, I don't see how that one could flop if the series maintains the current heat. 2c

But if enormous becomes enormous then more than 300 people will want to collect #1s. And with that the NYCC will pretty much be unattainable .. Making it a afterthought down the road. With more people getting mad and just looking at it at a 2nd print :devil:

Random Enormous observation. Is anyone paying attention to issue #2a. I don't see them a lot in the "wild".

It's the same with all issues 2 & 3, both Cover A and Cover B, you simply don't see many out there. I think these will be the sleepers especially considering the numbers printed; if you want to complete a collection you'll be looking to source those. I was lucky that a retailer here in Melbourne, Australia ordered some; hence why I'm sitting on handful.

With the low numbers on all these books it could play out many different ways. The first print of the first few issues (led by the Cover A's) may be where people will eventually land when this book gets even more increased attention. It is still very early days and we are just fortunate to be in on ground floor.

I still think there is way too much emphasis on the NYCC (which, when you think about it, is essentially one (albeit a limited print) of four reprints. Still, nice to own one...

In regards to the NYCC, I think its all about that print run of 106. Its the smallest printed #1. If 300 people decide they want a full set of #1s, That will be the toughest to get. For me, its not the most desirable, but as far as $$ goes, I don't see how that one could flop if the series maintains the current heat. 2c

But if enormous becomes enormous then more than 300 people will want to collect #1s. And with that the NYCC will pretty much be unattainable .. Making it a afterthought down the road. With more people getting mad and just looking at it at a 2nd print :devil:

Nice dream there. lol

I had a shot to buy an NYCC before things got crazy. Hopefully I don't regret it, but... I don't really love to cover anyway, which factored in to my passing on it.

If I had bought it, I'd just be selling it at the rates they're going for now.

The only cover of this type I really, really want is the Saga RRP and that is because the cover is awesome. I'd like the East of West RRP as well, but that cover is not quite as iconic so it isn't as bad.

Dare I say it?

The Enormous NYCC will pass the Saga RRP high on the GPA.

I said it.

Okay, okay. A bold statement indeed. I just like all of its ingredients and can easily see this happening.

Shame on you - look at your icon! Look at it!

Dare I say it?

I said it.

Okay, okay. A bold statement indeed. I just like all of its ingredients and can easily see this happening.

lol

No way am I showing any less love to Saga and don't think I'd ever part with my Saga RRP.

I may be off the wall but really feel Enormous has the makings to become a several thousand dollar slab. Especially the NYCC. So many others that have gone into that realm with nothing in the works. Look at the Mouse Guard HTF books. Some of them fetch thousands raw with a similar print run and I don't know a single person that reads it. Perhaps some feel it has the making of the next TMNT? Not sure, but if this launches into a top notch television series that is continued it very well may blow the doors off TWD slab prices.

Easy TWD crew, just a reference.

6 could be the 1st key after #1 .. hm

It's also a great cover - may be my favorite of the bunch. Someone here owns it... is it The Authority?

I bought five copies of 6 just because.

Yeah, I think its really cool because it has "real" people on the cover. Tim could probably tell you more about that than I could but somebody was lucky enough to get on a cover. :applause:

Dare I say it?

I said it.

lol

No way am I showing any less love to Saga and don't think I'd ever part with my Saga RRP.

I may be off the wall but really feel Enormous has the makings to become a several thousand dollar slab. Especially the NYCC. So many others that have gone into that realm with nothing in the works. Look at the Mouse Guard HTF books. Some of them fetch thousands raw with a similar print run and I don't know a single person that reads it. Perhaps some feel it has the making of the next TMNT? Not sure, but if this launches into a top notch television series that is continued it very well may blow the doors off TWD slab prices.

Ok fine Sir now you are making perfect sense.

jug.gif

I see there is an Enormous 1A graded at 8.0. Curious as to why someone would send that in. Could they truly have thought it was better than that? Did they just miss that much damage? Was it any of us?

I see there is an Enormous 1A graded at 8.0. Curious as to why someone would send that in. Could they truly have thought it was better than that? Did they just miss that much damage? Was it any of us?

Not me, I've learnt the hard way - still miss things occasionally, but not to 8.0 levels on moderns.

I submitted 11 enormous books yesterday at a con , the two Phantoms (s-tooth) I put in had corner pinches , so I had them pressed. I will let everyone know how these covers press at CCS when they get back but its going to be a bit, no fast track as I had a bunch of other books and they busted the bank.

Not me, I've learnt the hard way - still miss things occasionally, but not to 8.0 levels on moderns.

Yeah, it is relatively easy to miss things, but that is a head scratcher.

Also, I still struggle with guessing how CGC will view things like stack / transfer ink and bindery issues.

Dare I say it?

I said it.

lol

Let's get readers on board first. It would have to defy the odds to actually make it to screen; how many optioned comics are out there? (see thread started by Authority I believe).

I would love the series keeping on increasing readers and ensure a 50+ issue adventure for 215ink. Everything else is gravy.

In regards to the NYCC, I think its all about that print run of 106. Its the smallest printed #1.

As an aside, where did the "106" count come from? I've seen references (like in Bleeding Cool and others reporting right after the con) that ranged from 250 to 500 for this issue. Is there a definitive source for this number?

In regards to the NYCC, I think its all about that print run of 106. Its the smallest printed #1.

As an aside, where did the "106" count come from? I've seen references (like in Bleeding Cool and others) ranging from 250 to 500 for this issue. Is there a definitive source for this number?

Really! I read everything I can and have never seen anything BUT 106 for the NYCC issue.