• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Melissa Benoist Talks About Taking On The Role Of SUPERGIRL And THAT Costume

------------------

Comic Book Resources caught up with Melissa Benoist (Glee) at Film Independent's Spirit Awards this Sunday, and the site were quick to ask our new Supergirl about how she feels to be taking on the role in the CBS series from producers Greg Berlanti (The Flash) and Ali Adler (The New Normal).

"What's so wonderful about her is that she is such a relatable character, amongst her powers," she said when asked how she feels about Supergirl. "What I'm the most excited about is telling a story about a human being really realizing their potential and their strength, and I think that's something that everyone will root for and want in their own lives – I'm really excited about that."

------------------

SUPERGIRL: Laura Benanti On Why 'Alura Zor-El' Is So Close In Age To Her Daughter 'Kara'

-------------------

In an interview with EW, Benanti hints that we'll be looking at more of a parallel time displacement type... thing! "It’s very early on, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable saying anything other than our mere nine-year age difference will make sense", said the Playboy Club actress when asked what she could tell the site about her role in the CBS series. "On Krypton age doesn’t necessarily matter. A lot of people on Twitter were like, “She’s too young to be her mom!” But it will all make sense once you see the show."

-------------------

1.jpg

SUPERGIRL Casts 'Cyborg Superman' And 'Alex Danvers'; Andrew Kreisberg To Write/Produce

----------------------

Two more major casting additions have been made to Supergirl, with Homeland's Davide Harewood set to play Hank Henshaw and Grey's Anatomy alum Chyler Leigh cast as Alexandra "Alex" Danvers. This version of the character better known to comic book fans as Cyborg Superman is a one-time CIA agent who now runs the Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO), which tracks extraterrestrial threats on Earth. Alex meanwhile is the confident foster sister of Kara.

----------------------

SUPERGIRL Casts 'Cyborg Superman' And 'Alex Danvers'; Andrew Kreisberg To Write/Produce

----------------------

Two more major casting additions have been made to Supergirl, with Homeland's Davide Harewood set to play Hank Henshaw and Grey's Anatomy alum Chyler Leigh cast as Alexandra "Alex" Danvers. This version of the character better known to comic book fans as Cyborg Superman is a one-time CIA agent who now runs the Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO), which tracks extraterrestrial threats on Earth. Alex meanwhile is the confident foster sister of Kara.

----------------------

Fresh off the busted series Taxi Brookyln (she wasn't too bad in it). Still have fond memories of her nerdy role in "Not Another Teen Movie" with Chris Evans.

The original SUPERGIRL and the Lois & Clark SUPERMAN.

Wow!

It's good to see they're both getting some recognition. Dean Cain made a pretty decent 90s TV Superman and to me, Helen Slater will always be Supergirl.

SUPERGIRL: Laura Benanti On Why 'Alura Zor-El' Is So Close In Age To Her Daughter 'Kara'

-------------------

...A lot of people on Twitter were like, “She’s too young to be her mom!”...

-------------------

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's not really going to be much of an issue...?

-------------------

...A lot of people on Twitter were like, “She’s too young to be her mom!”...

-------------------

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's not really going to be much of an issue...?

'Lot of people on Twitter' = 'So one person posted on Twitter...'

(:

I've never watched an episode Glee, But, I know no one ever complained about Idina Menzel playing Lea Michelle's mom on that show, when they had a 10-13 year age difference.

Exactly! In TV land thirty-somethings play the parents of twenty-somethings all the time.

And I never knew Elsa was in a Glee! I might have to start watching it... ;)

I've never watched an episode Glee, But, I know no one ever complained about Idina Menzel playing Lea Michelle's mom on that show, when they had a 10-13 year age difference.

Exactly! In TV land thirty-somethings play the parents of twenty-somethings all the time.

And I never knew Elsa was in a Glee! I might have to start watching it... ;)

:roflmao:

...But if you are an Elsa die-hard and want to see her nekkid, watch...

2001's Just A Kiss (it's towards the beginning in quick cuts. lol )

The original SUPERGIRL and the Lois & Clark SUPERMAN.

Wow!

Bought the first three seasons of Lois & Clark at a dollar store today (20% off too lol ). I remember watching that show in '93 (my HS senior year), just grateful there was something from a funnybook on. That was the good 'ol days. :makepoint:

lol Thanks for the tip but I'll pass...

I'm surprised she doesn't do it more often. After all, the cold never bothered her anyway... ;)

I'm surprised she doesn't do it more often. After all, the cold never bothered her anyway... ;)

OK, I'll let it go. (thumbs u

OK, I'll let it go. (thumbs u

lol Nice one!