• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

lmfao, based off what, one sale??? just because some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons bid up ep restored

books and GPA post the results doesn't give any real indication.

You see 1 sale there, I see 3 sales there showing a pattern towards supporting my argument, but whatever.

One sale, three sales, its' no 100% guarantee for ANY future sale to be sure, but it certainly has more credibility then someone coming on here and claiming that you are more correct then 3 actual sales listed on GPA. It's all that's known outside of CLink and any personal sales that people may know of

I think it's time for an "Ask Gator" question................................

How old are you, bud ? Five, maybe 10 years old ? Why don't you put down your daddy's liquor, take your Prozac, and go to bed ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's Alley Bat. So five is probably too high of a guess.

How old are you, bud ? Five, maybe 10 years old ? Why don't you put down your daddy's liquor, take your Prozac, and go to bed ? GOD BLESS...

It's Alley Bat. So five is probably too high of a guess.

.... oh, well...... I was just trying to help. I'd better get back to the Centre.... I think my lobotomy is wearing off..... GOD BLESS....

..... maybe they're having that alligator sausage for supper :cloud9:

lmfao, based off what, one sale??? just because some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons bid up ep restored

books and GPA post the results doesn't give any real indication.

You see 1 sale there, I see 3 sales there showing a pattern towards supporting my argument, but whatever.

One sale, three sales, its' no 100% guarantee for ANY future sale to be sure, but it certainly has more credibility then someone coming on here and claiming that you are more correct then 3 actual sales listed on GPA. It's all that's known outside of CLink and any personal sales that people may know of

I think it's time for an "Ask Gator" question................................

Yes your point is valid. Maybe this book has doubled in the last 2 years.

Why is it that the ebay .5 that recently sold got a blue label with color touch and glue on the cover, but the .5 posted by Wayne Tec got a purple label? I can understand allowing a little glue on a blue label (though I think any glue should just be be noted on the label like tape is and given a blue label), but I don't understand why even a little color touch is allowed. Isn't most color touch minimal to begin with; so how is that line decided?

Why is it that the ebay .5 that recently sold got a blue label with color touch and glue on the cover, but the .5 posted by Wayne Tec got a purple label? I can understand allowing a little glue on a blue label (though I think any glue should just be be noted on the label like tape is and given a blue label), but I don't understand why even a little color touch is allowed. Isn't most color touch minimal to begin with; so how is that line decided?

I believe CGC's policy is that the amount of color touch or glue determines whether it's restored or not.

If the CT or glue increases the grade of the book, the CT or glue is considered restorative and the book goes into a purple label.

If the CT or glue does not increase the grade of the book, the CT or glue is considered a defect, counted as a foreign substance and factored into the grade as a defect and the book goes into a blue label.

I believe CGC's policy is that the amount of color touch or glue determines whether it's restored or not.

If the CT or glue increases the grade of the book, the CT or glue is considered restorative and the book goes into a purple label.

If the CT or glue does not increase the grade of the book, the CT or glue is considered a defect, counted as a foreign substance and factored into the grade as a defect and the book goes into a blue label.

Interesting.

I share your concerns about that book. That may be the most amount of restoration I have ever seen on a GA book that is somehow still in a blue holder. That was not a blue label book IMO.

-J.

Look at the scan of my copy. Do you think the CT improves the grade?

I hadn't looked at your copy closely until now.

There seems to be a LOT of color touch on your book, so it must be that

1) the CT and glue must either improve the grade OR

2) if there is more than just a very small amount (and this is much more than a small amount)

then it goes into a purple holder.

Makes sense from CGC's POV because you need a provision where the book is actually being attempted to be improved on [greatly] but likely doesn't on incomplete books and NG books.

So, a new amendment to my understanding of how CGC does it.

GPA shows that a trimmed Bat #1 back cover sold this month for $3703. Anyone know what venue this sale occurred in?

Just found it. Looks my mycomicshop had it.

1612457_zps916969dd.jpg

Edited by nearmint

GPA shows that a trimmed Bat #1 back cover sold this month for $3703. Anyone know what venue this sale occurred in?

Just found it. Looks my mycomicshop had it.

1612457_zps916969dd.jpg

someone was desperate for a BC.

I wonder if they'll frame it. hm

-J.

I'd take it out of that slab lol

Not a bad looking Batman #1 for the price-range:

LINK

Very cool. It's a Tommy Wade pedigree. I have a couple of early Actions (Action 15 and 18, I think) that had his name on the splash page.

Edited by TheSurgeon