• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Hahahahaha, nope, I had to join in.

It was a "Daddy Dance Party", so I was obligated.

I have also said my piece on the Treasury.

If you are an Enormous fan, you have to get one.

Not being able to slab it will hold it back for speculation purposes, however.

Which stinks, because I would love to own a slabbed version...

I think it has a much lower ceiling than say a 1A because of this fact.

Isn't CGC slabbing Posters now...you'd think they could do one this size.

Enormous Treasury is getting no love, and there's only around 8 copies for sale right now on ebay. I thought it would be a lot more important than it apparently is.

As far as I can determine it is the 1st full appearance for at least Ellen :shrug:

This hobby is incredibly fickle, and often there is little rhyme or reason to anything.

I'll probably get rid of my two treasury copies if I can because I don't collect treasury books and they're in my way... another reason people choose to ignore it I'm sure.

Its not fickle the Image oversized book is a one-shot never was a series. This current run is the series and its a different company. The tv option and series is the 215 version. Those are all drawbacks for the Treasury.

It is totally fickle - the main protagonist (so far) clearly first appears in the treasury edition from Image. The publisher is irrelevant, it is creator owned.

Tim has come on here and clearly has stated that was his first unpolished volley into the comic book world. She more polished in this series. Its like the Gambit uncanny x-men 266 versus the annual issue, the comic book market has made its decision. You can choose to rage against the machine but it is what it is. Just like you stated for many post earlier about how you didn't think the NYCC was worth much cause its a second print. Market has decided - not sure what complaining about it will solve. (shrug)

Ha the market hasn't even started.

That was my thought. Most people aren't even aware of the series.

this is kind of my thought process... the market is fairly new... i think if/once the tv series takes off the treasury will get more recognition...

I have a pretty strong feeling the treasury is never going to be what a #1 215 Ink book is. Even if CGC started slabbing them... few collectors would gravitate toward them unless there is some sort of odd resurgence in the format.

I get why T&M actually went with the format, it was neat, but it killed it for most collectors who just don't want to deal with it. It's easier to ignore the fact that it is a first appearance; maybe if we were talking about something the size of a magazine - similar to Starlord - things would be different.

Are you kidding?

Treasury format was great for this book! Such large pages of great art is awesome! Especially for this book because the art is so detailed. It's just great to look at.

And if CGC started slabbing treasurys you would see a surge in the format. Remember that the comic industry is still a huge collectors market. If the ability to slab treasurys was there, more would be made. If more were made, CGC would follow suit.

And ya, maybe in the long term for an average collector who is getting into this book because of the show, a #1a Would be their priority, but in terms of hardcore collectors market, the treasury will still be THE book to get.

And again, if anyone has a NM treasury they would like to sell, send me a PM. regardless of value, I think the treasury is a really nice book.

But again, it's an opinion, so argue all you want. It's insignificant.

Lastly, why is everything Frozen? There are way better movies out there!!! Granted the sisters are hot and if there were deleted scenes where they made out, I'd be all over this movie too... But I can name ten better Disney movies that deserve the attention.

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head...

I still haven't seen that movie, so I'm immune!

My girls had a "dance party" last night.

They are 2 and 4.

It was Frozen songs over and over and over and over, lol .

I may have lost my mind for a bit...

What!?! I missed a dance party!? Damn. All I did last night was argue with my gf over what movie to watch... It's an argument I'll never win...

Enormous Treasury is getting no love, and there's only around 8 copies for sale right now on ebay. I thought it would be a lot more important than it apparently is.

As far as I can determine it is the 1st full appearance for at least Ellen :shrug:

This hobby is incredibly fickle, and often there is little rhyme or reason to anything.

I'll probably get rid of my two treasury copies if I can because I don't collect treasury books and they're in my way... another reason people choose to ignore it I'm sure.

Its not fickle the Image oversized book is a one-shot never was a series. This current run is the series and its a different company. The tv option and series is the 215 version. Those are all drawbacks for the Treasury.

It is totally fickle - the main protagonist (so far) clearly first appears in the treasury edition from Image. The publisher is irrelevant, it is creator owned.

Tim has come on here and clearly has stated that was his first unpolished volley into the comic book world. She more polished in this series. Its like the Gambit uncanny x-men 266 versus the annual issue, the comic book market has made its decision. You can choose to rage against the machine but it is what it is. Just like you stated for many post earlier about how you didn't think the NYCC was worth much cause its a second print. Market has decided - not sure what complaining about it will solve. (shrug)

this is kind of my thought process... the market is fairly new... i think if/once the tv series takes off the treasury will get more recognition...

I have a pretty strong feeling the treasury is never going to be what a #1 215 Ink book is. Even if CGC started slabbing them... few collectors would gravitate toward them unless there is some sort of odd resurgence in the format.

I get why T&M actually went with the format, it was neat, but it killed it for most collectors who just don't want to deal with it. It's easier to ignore the fact that it is a first appearance; maybe if we were talking about something the size of a magazine - similar to Starlord - things would be different.

Are you kidding?

Treasury format was great for this book! Such large pages of great art is awesome! Especially for this book because the art is so detailed. It's just great to look at.

And if CGC started slabbing treasurys you would see a surge in the format. Remember that the comic industry is still a huge collectors market. If the ability to slab treasurys was there, more would be made. If more were made, CGC would follow suit.

And ya, maybe in the long term for an average collector who is getting into this book because of the show, a #1a Would be their priority, but in terms of hardcore collectors market, the treasury will still be THE book to get.

And again, if anyone has a NM treasury they would like to sell, send me a PM. regardless of value, I think the treasury is a really nice book.

Lastly, why is everything Frozen? There are way better movies out there!!! Granted the sisters are hot and if there were deleted scenes where they made out, I'd be all over this movie too... But I can name ten better Disney movies that deserve the attention.

Pretty sure if CGC started slabbing treasury books, the industry wouldn't start producing many more of them. CGC collectors are some tiny minority of comic collectors. To outsiders, even other comic collectors, our group is a weird niche that is confusing and not very welcoming to newcomers.

Are you kidding?

Pretty sure if CGC started slabbing treasury books, the industry wouldn't start producing many more of them. CGC collectors are some tiny minority of comic collectors. To outsiders, even other comic collectors, our group is a weird niche that is confusing and not very welcoming to newcomers.

Slabbing them doesn't solve the problem of storing them, and may very well make it worse. And, you made me break the quote nest.

Edited by mysterio

I also do not feel if CGC decided to slab the Treasury it would pick up much heat from collectors.

Personally I rank it below several 215 #1's, as does the market.

Here is how I see them, this is just me.

1) NYCC

2) Phantom

3) #1 Cover A

4) Treasury

5) #1 Cover B

The NYCC is clearly fetching the most money and has the smallest amount printed for a #1, second print yeah yeah, the cover is sick, and it won't hit the market often.

Now the Phantom (first print) does have only 544 printed, yet I see cover A taking the lead from this one someday, it's beautiful but it's not a Mehdi cover.

Cover A is my pick as the one that is the most sought after by the masses as the series grows and announcements roll in. It may very well be the imagery tied to the television series, and branding sells. Being Mehdi's cover also furthers the pull for it.

The Treasury is awesome and I love mine. I just disconnected it from the 215 series in my mind and it appears many others have as well. Or the fact it would be the size of a screen door slabbed.

Cover B is cool, yet not in the collecting caliber as the others.

How do you guys see it?

I think the big 3 will always be 1. NYCC 2. 1A and 3. Phantom. Once people realize they'll never own a NYCC unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount they'll go to the next best thing and that's 1A then Phantom. I always loved the art on 1A and in fact it's what drew me in to start reading the series so I could see 1A being the face of everything Enormous.

I think the big 3 will always be 1. NYCC 2. 1A and 3. Phantom. Once people realize they'll never own a NYCC unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount they'll go to the next best thing and that's 1A then Phantom. I always loved the art on 1A and in fact it's what drew me in to start reading the series so I could see 1A being the face of everything Enormous.

1A is definitely my favorite cover of all the #1s. I don't like the Phantom or the NYCC but I know I'm in the minority there - people seem to really love the NYCC especially.

The Phantom is probably my least favorite - I don't know, the creature just looks sort of mundane to me, I'm not sure what it is.

The treasury's cover is pretty awesome too - if that were in the running I'd probably put it as my #2.

1A is definitely my favorite cover of all the #1s. I don't like the Phantom or the NYCC but I know I'm in the minority there - people seem to really love the NYCC especially.

The Phantom is probably my least favorite - I don't know, the creature just looks sort of mundane to me, I'm not sure what it is.

The treasury's cover is pretty awesome too - if that were in the running I'd probably put it as my #2.

This series gives us a lot of options for favorite covers...I like the simplicity of the Hastings; plus, its a bugger to get in high grade due to the white cover and Hasting's shipping methods (probably made 1/4 of the copies VF). The best reason... its a Mehdi cover.

Hastings has the least amount of 9.8s in the census compared to the big four (NYCC, 1A, 1B, Phantom). It will probably be the 2nd least overall, only behind the NYCC (when more copies start getting submitted). I've had about 30 copies of the Hastings and probably only 15 had a shot at 9.6/9.8; most required a cleaning.

It would be a dark horse though since typically Hastings variants aren't that collectable in the aftermarket; maybe Enormous will be the outlier.

Edited by azcards4ever

Subbed 9 books yesterday!

1A x2

1B x2

1 Phantom

1 Kaiju x2

1 Creature Feature

1 NYCC

I pulled the Hastings at the last minute...clean copy but it has a big ding on the spine, just needs a press....

I don't think the NYCC will pull a 9.8, but the others have a shot.....

Hopefully have them back by June....

1. NYCC

2. 1A

3. 1B

4. Phantom, Hastings

5. 3A

6. 3B

7. 2A

8. 2B

9. Creature Feature Phantom

10. Kaiju Phantom

11. Treasury

12. 1 2nd print though I could see this one moving up with Mehdi art on a full cover. I call this one the "big boot " :grin:

13. 4A

14. 5A

15. 6A

This is how I see value wise them in the long run.

Edited by The Authority

1. NYCC

2. 1A

3. 1B

4. Phantom, Hastings

5. 3A

6. 3B

7. 2A

8. 2B

9. Creature Feature Phantom

10. Kaiju Phantom

11. Treasury

12. 1 2nd print though I could see this one moving up with Mehdi art on a full cover. I call this one the "big boot " :grin:

13. 4A

14. 5A

15. 6A

This is how I see value wise them in the long run.

:applause:

2 that could move in the future: Creature Feature and 2nd print