• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

35 cent price variant

Do they really go for that much?

That's actually a low price right now - I'll bet it pops to over $300 very quickly.

Yeah that book usually goes for more...lucky buyer.

Shows you how costly it can be not to realize what you have...

meh, I think $177 is amazing for not mentioning it was a 35 center.

Actually, based on the picture provided I think $177 is dead on. Its nothing past a 7.5 max. Those can be had cgc graded for $300 and some change, factor in grading and shipping fee's and id rather spend another $50 on a graded copy in the same rather than take a chance on this raw book.

Then you're in for a surprise. This sold at...VG price?

Forever People 1 has quietly reached new highs in high grade. I used to be an opportunistic buyer whenever I saw one reasonably priced but those days are gone. I know this is the first full Darkseid but wow :o

CGC 9.6 is almost impossible to find and 9.4s are now way out of my range.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of copies for sale. I did a quick look at completed auction at HA, CL, eBay and World Wide comics and there really haven't been a lot of recent sales. HA did have a 9.8 sell for 2K...

Forever People 1 has quietly reached new highs in high grade. I used to be an opportunistic buyer whenever I saw one reasonably priced but those days are gone. I know this is the first full Darkseid but wow :o

CGC 9.6 is almost impossible to find and 9.4s are now way out of my range.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of copies for sale. I did a quick look at completed auction at HA, CL, eBay and World Wide comics and there really haven't been a lot of recent sales. HA did have a 9.8 sell for 2K...

Similar to many other key characters that have high potential for making movie appearances, the high grade copies are all being hoarded until something is announced. Another example is with Adam Warlock. High grade slabs of Marvel Premiere 1 are rarely seen for sale anymore.

. Another example is with Adam Warlock. High grade slabs of Marvel Premiere 1 are rarely seen for sale anymore.
There is only 3 9.8's ....hard to hoard..

I was referring in general from 9.0 and above. Btw, nice sig line. (thumbs u

. Another example is with Adam Warlock. High grade slabs of Marvel Premiere 1 are rarely seen for sale anymore.

9.8's aren't the be all, end all. Label-puffing is sorta silly. :grin:

Only 41 9.6s. That's not really a lot.

Here's an interesting out-liner, Spectacular Spider-Man #27 9.8 @ $108 & 37 watchers. It's the 1st app. of Frank Miller's artwork on Daredevil and predates his run on the Daredevil title. Perhaps due to the Daredevil franchise on Netflix, collectors are picking up this key issue in the hopes..? hm

9.8's aren't the be all, end all. Label-puffing is sorta silly. :grin:

(shrug)

I wasn't getting on you specifically Paul, there are just tons of beautiful BA books out there in 9.2 - 9.6 slabs, as well as superior raw copies. My point was only that 9.8s aren't necessary to make a nice collection.

Here's an interesting out-liner, Spectacular Spider-Man #27 9.8 @ $108 & 37 watchers. It's the 1st app. of Frank Miller's artwork on Daredevil and predates his run on the Daredevil title. Perhaps due to the Daredevil franchise on Netflix, collectors are picking up this key issue in the hopes..? hm

I don't consider that an outlier at all, just a nice price for a nice book. :)

I haven't seen that much interest for it until now (38 watchers now. wow). Hence my out-liner comment but I think you're right. hm (thumbs u

I haven't seen that much interest for it until now (38 watchers now. wow). Hence my out-liner comment but I think you're right. hm (thumbs u

Outlier.