• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

OK guys I need some help and some convincing. I had a 9.8 BA 12 I sold here on the boards last year and I was looking to get back into that 9.8 arena again.

I currently have this raw copy that I am not sure I am going to keep. I am on the fence with this. I want another 9.8 but the prices are getting out of hand. We saw NM 98 reach some high levels and then it came back down a little. I have this listed on ebay and its a sure fire 9.6. Should I sell and put the money to a 9.8 or just hold it and be happy. Do you think that this BA 12 bubble is going to burst and prices come back down or is this one of those books where the sky is the limit?

bsop_zpszhqtddie.jpg

bsbc_zpslskktefj.jpg

After the movie maybe they go down some.

Or someone decides another book is more her 1st ( like the 1st dcu )

But, I'd just keep that and be happy if it was me.

How can someone decide whether something something prior to BA#12 is her first ???

How can someone decide whether something something prior to BA#12 is her first ???

The same way Incredible Hulk 181 is worth more than 180.

181 is the full appearance while 180 is just a last page cameo. i don't believe there is anything prior to ba#12.

181 is the full appearance while 180 is just a last page cameo. i don't believe there is anything prior to ba#12.

I think his point is that BA 12 is just the first appearance of the cartoon character Harley Quinn in comic books, and that the Ross graphic novel, which contains the DCU continuity "real Harley Quinn" first appearance may one day become the favored book. I personally find it more relevant myself.

-J.

I think his point is that BA 12 is just the first appearance of the cartoon character Harley Quinn in comic books, and that the Ross graphic novel, which contains the DCU continuity "real Harley Quinn" first appearance may one day become the favored back. I personally find it more relevant myself.

-J.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

I own neither btw. I'll have :popcorn: ready if a debate ever begins.

I think his point is that BA 12 is just the first appearance of the cartoon character Harley Quinn in comic books, and that the Ross graphic novel, which contains the DCU continuity "real Harley Quinn" first appearance may one day become the favored book. I personally find it more relevant myself.

-J.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

I own neither btw. I'll have :popcorn: ready if a debate ever begins.

(thumbs u

-J.

-J.

Her first non-animated universe appearance is in Batman Chronicles Gallery #1

The market has spoken and BA #12 is considered Harley's 1st app. The Ross one-shot is nice in that it is in the DCU continuity, but there are other "animated series" related appearances before it. Add in the fact that most Harley fans know that she first appeared in the cartoon and it will be tough for the Ross one-shot to replace BA #12 as the key 1st appearance.

Harley is VERY hot right now. Very popular among female collectors. Even my wife is curious about reading some of her stuff and she never reads comics.

They have Harley Quinn sections at the comic store and in the mall at one of the local clothing stores. I would say the most popular modern superhero/villain right now.

Edited by Rip

I always thought the Batman: Harley Quinn One Shot would be the book to own.

I have been proven wrong, lol .

BA #12 is a crazy book to pin down.

I do not own one, and at the current prices, I probably never will.

Having said that, if you are a Harley fan, and have to have one, I would def sell that raw copy, and use the proceeds towards a slabbed 9.8.

You may be able to make more bang for your buck if you slab that raw first.

You have plenty of time, as this book will stay on fire.

I honestly think the ceiling for BA #12 is very high, and that it will continue to rise.

If you want one, I wouldn't put it off for very long.

My 2c .

I always thought the Batman: Harley Quinn One Shot would be the book to own.

I have been proven wrong, lol .

BA #12 is a crazy book to pin down.

I do not own one, and at the current prices, I probably never will.

Having said that, if you are a Harley fan, and have to have one, I would def sell that raw copy, and use the proceeds towards a slabbed 9.8.

You may be able to make more bang for your buck if you slab that raw first.

You have plenty of time, as this book will stay on fire.

I honestly think the ceiling for BA #12 is very high, and that it will continue to rise.

If you want one, I wouldn't put it off for very long.

My 2c .

Agreed