• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,942 posts in this topic

16644721825_264efa99d2.jpg

16437415857_b68ea6875c.jpg

mm

Nice Marty

Green Hornet cover is so cool.

Would those be bought by you off the stand?

Thanks...yes all of my comics were bought by me right off the newsstand.

mm

Just got 4 back from a coupon submission:

UXM%20101%20-%20CGC%206.0_zpsr9slqsno.jpgUXM%20101%20-%20CGC%209.2_zps8mdwczou.jpgUXM%20100%20-%20CGC%206.5_zpsk63nb7qr.jpgUXM%2019%20-%20CGC%208.0_zpsfmfql72g.jpg

I feel like I should buy the graders notes for the 101 6.0 because outside of the small water stain in the lower corner, I'm a little confused on how they came up with 6.0.

Also considering it for the 100, because I have a 30 cent variant 100 that's also a 6.5 and it doesn't look anywhere as nice as this one.

But hey, no big deal. The 101 9.2 came back higher than I expected.

I feel like I should buy the graders notes for the 101 6.0 because outside of the small water stain in the lower corner, I'm a little confused on how they came up with 6.0.

The water stain is your answer. The lower right corner wear doesn't help either.

There's a thread here talking about water stains

The water stain is your answer. The lower right corner wear doesn't help either.

I figured I'd take a hit on the stain (which I'm not even certain is a water stain but some sort of staining either way) but it seemed a little excessive IMO. Oh well. Not going to get too bent out of shape about it. I'm more confused about the XM 100.

And as I said, the bump in the other 101 from the 8.5 I expected more than evens it out, I guess.

I did that once. Bought the notes and learned there was a popped staple. It's one of those "How did miss that?" things, but what's there to do?

Nice stuff returning from a vacation in Florida this week....

Human Torch #5

I love this book, bizarre cover, Bill Everett and Carl Burgos teaming up their greatest creations under an Alex Schomburg cover. If you've read "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" by Michael Chabon, this is most likely the book that was created during the lost weekend fictionalized in the book. Regardless of that it is a fun, fantastic book and I was tickled to pick up this copy in 2006 at SDCC.

0403151419061.jpg

Spirit #22

I bought this one as restored many years ago. I clearly remember being told that it had a tear sealed. I might have been told about the color touch, I don't recall. I offer this as evidence that I am clueless when it comes to detecting restoration. I knew this book had it and never found it. Still can't. It's a great copy of a classic cover, though!

0403151415291.jpg

Police Comics #11

I traded the art that I am looking for in my signature line for this book. I think I came out ahead over the long run. First appearance of the Spirit in a comic book.

0403151411111.jpg

The Spirit Section 6/2/1940

This was one of my prize books prior to subbing it. I have had it for upwards of 20 years and thought it was a nice copy of a fairly obscure book. I am a huge Will Eisner and Spirit fan and punched on this when it was offered to the Will Eisner Yahoo Group. Highest graded copy!

0403151020081.jpg

The Spirit Section 6/2/1940

This was one of my prize books prior to subbing it. I have had it for upwards of 20 years and thought it was a nice copy of a fairly obscure book. I am a huge Will Eisner and Spirit fan and punched on this when it was offered to the Will Eisner Yahoo Group. Highest graded copy!

0403151020081.jpg

(worship) Amazing.

Human Torch #5

I love this book, bizarre cover, Bill Everett and Carl Burgos teaming up their greatest creations under an Alex Schomburg cover. If you've read "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" by Michael Chabon, this is most likely the book that was created during the lost weekend fictionalized in the book. Regardless of that it is a fun, fantastic book and I was tickled to pick up this copy in 2006 at SDCC.

0403151419061.jpg

All are nice books but I'm a tad partial to this one! :applause:

These shipped today. Should be in hand early next week :)

ASM 11 CGC 7.5 OW/W

ASM 20 CGC 7.0 C/OW

ASM 23 CGC 8.5 C/OW

ASM 50 CGC 7.5 OW/W

ASM 50 CGC 7.5 W

BB 54 CGC 6.5 OW/W

SC 34 CGC 8.0 OW/W

SPJO 134 CGC 8.5 C/OW

SS 3 CGC 9.0 OW

SS 4 CGC 7.5 C/OW

FF 13 CGC 6.5 OW/W

TTA 44 CGC 4.5 OW/W

Swamp Thing 1 CGC 9.2 W

IM 55 CGC 8.5 C/OW

Dave, great books. I like the new focus in your collection. (thumbs u

The first book, Amazing Mysteries, is an incredible cover, could be designated as Classic.

Edited by bomber-bob

These shipped today. Should be in hand early next week :)

ASM 11 CGC 7.5 OW/W

ASM 20 CGC 7.0 C/OW

ASM 23 CGC 8.5 C/OW

ASM 50 CGC 7.5 OW/W

ASM 50 CGC 7.5 W

BB 54 CGC 6.5 OW/W

SC 34 CGC 8.0 OW/W

SPJO 134 CGC 8.5 C/OW

SS 3 CGC 9.0 OW

SS 4 CGC 7.5 C/OW

FF 13 CGC 6.5 OW/W

TTA 44 CGC 4.5 OW/W

Swamp Thing 1 CGC 9.2 W

IM 55 CGC 8.5 C/OW

Good stuff ! Loving that Showcase 34, nice grade and page quality. ASM 11 is one of the toughest books in the run to find in a decent grade. Show us some pics when you get them.