• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Enormous Treasury is getting no love, and there's only around 8 copies for sale right now on ebay. I thought it would be a lot more important than it apparently is.

As far as I can determine it is the 1st full appearance for at least Ellen :shrug:

This hobby is incredibly fickle, and often there is little rhyme or reason to anything.

I'll probably get rid of my two treasury copies if I can because I don't collect treasury books and they're in my way... another reason people choose to ignore it I'm sure.

Enormous Treasury is getting no love, and there's only around 8 copies for sale right now on ebay. I thought it would be a lot more important than it apparently is.

As far as I can determine it is the 1st full appearance for at least Ellen :shrug:

This hobby is incredibly fickle, and often there is little rhyme or reason to anything.

I'll probably get rid of my two treasury copies if I can because I don't collect treasury books and they're in my way... another reason people choose to ignore it I'm sure.

Its not fickle the Image oversized book is a one-shot never was a series. This current run is the series and its a different company. The tv option and series is the 215 version. Those are all drawbacks for the Treasury.

People are spending $300+ on Ultimate Fallout #4 slabs (for some reason) and it looks like a bit less attention is going to Enormous right now.

There is a crazy amount of "hot" books right now.

Just means several will slip through the cracks.

Only so much money out there to be spent.

I can't remember the last time we had this many books that were on fire.

This is the part that concerns me. What sustains this momentum, and how does the momentum ease? Slowly or quickly?

I've thought the same thing for a while now. Every book is on fire now with no regard for print run or staying power of the character. $300+ on an Ultimate Fallout #4 slab is just dumb imo when I can buy a low grade Spiderman 129 for that price. Something has to give at some point.

Yep. Anyone in this game for more than a few minutes (who is the type that ever "thinks" about things at all) should be scratching their head over this phenomenon. I've paid a decent sum more than once for a very recent modern for my personal collection, but for me, $150 is a psychological barrier that I hesitate to cross in these instances.

This is the mental game I play... what book, with proven value to the medium, could I buy for the amount of money people are slapping down for the new hotness that just came out one day / week / month ago? If the book is over $150, I think about it for a bit, but if I'm in love with the book, it typically just goes one way... a direction I imagine most of the people reading this are pretty familiar with :P

However, I've passed on many books that failed this test regardless of how much I loved them because of how high the price was, and how ephemeral their value seemed to be. I worry that it threatens this hobby - not so much comics in the general, but the collection of slabbed comics in specific. New comers could easily drop thousands of dollars in a few months only to end up with books they couldn't sell for a tenth of what they paid for them. I imagine that would be a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Its not fickle the Image oversized book is a one-shot never was a series. This current run is the series and its a different company. The tv option and series is the 215 version. Those are all drawbacks for the Treasury.

It is totally fickle - the main protagonist (so far) clearly first appears in the treasury edition from Image. The publisher is irrelevant, it is creator owned.

It is totally fickle - the main protagonist (so far) clearly first appears in the treasury edition from Image. The publisher is irrelevant, it is creator owned.

Tim has come on here and clearly has stated that was his first unpolished volley into the comic book world. She more polished in this series. Its like the Gambit uncanny x-men 266 versus the annual issue, the comic book market has made its decision. You can choose to rage against the machine but it is what it is. Just like you stated for many post earlier about how you didn't think the NYCC was worth much cause its a second print. Market has decided - not sure what complaining about it will solve. (shrug)

Tim has come on here and clearly has stated that was his first unpolished volley into the comic book world. She more polished in this series. Its like the Gambit uncanny x-men 266 versus the annual issue, the comic book market has made its decision. You can choose to rage against the machine but it is what it is. Just like you stated for many post earlier about how you didn't think the NYCC was worth much cause its a second print. Market has decided - not sure what complaining about it will solve. (shrug)

This isn't a complaint, and you are now switched around to making my points for me :P

Ha the market hasn't even started.

I bought a treasury from boardie Tiger Topper, (excellent transaction btw) partially because I see it as the first appearance but also because its such a cool book. I didn't realize how huge it is, but that just makes me want to display it even more!

Market, Shmarket. I buy what I like. If its worthless, who cares. I still like it. meh

I bought a treasury from boardie Tiger Topper, (excellent transaction btw) partially because I see it as the first appearance but also because its such a cool book. I didn't realize how huge it is, but that just makes me want to display it even more!

Market, Shmarket. I buy what I like. If its worthless, who cares. I still like it. meh

I'm often in the same boat - I don't really "care" what the market does with the book, but I stand by my point that the market is very fickle.

Clearly a first full appearance... but no one really cares. If this wasn't a treasury size, I think it would be blowing the NYCC out of the water.

I'm often in the same boat - I don't really "care" what the market does with the book, but I stand by my point that the market is very fickle.

Clearly a first full appearance... but no one really cares. If this wasn't a treasury size, I think it would be blowing the NYCC out of the water.

Agreed.

:hi:

If anybody else is looking for a copy of the treasury, I know someone who has two to sell... :whistle:

:hi:

If anybody else is looking for a copy of the treasury, I know someone who has two to sell... :whistle:

Sorry, I didn't realize my phone autocorrected "Topher" to topper. My bad.