• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I dunno if I imagined it - but at one point wasn't there talk of Ken meeting the likes of Disney for a board game, Toys, cartoon etc ?

It's a mighty long fall from grace to now be in permanent hiatus.

I fear James is correct, and that Todd may be done and dusted - perhaps ken could pop on and comment?

I'd rather just know either way now tbh, rather than go the way of other Image books such as Nowhere Men, Bedlam etc who's fate just lingered on until nobody cared about them anymore.

The tenuous nature of creator owned books - even at the larger labels like Image - are their weakest link. People often feel personally burned by creators after supporting a book that then vanishes.

I hate to say it, but I know I sometimes think twice about committing to a pull based on such things... that may just be me though as I tend to go all in for the long haul more often than not.

I dunno if I imagined it - but at one point wasn't there talk of Ken meeting the likes of Disney for a board game, Toys, cartoon etc ?

It's a mighty long fall from grace to now be in permanent hiatus.

I fear James is correct, and that Todd may be done and dusted - perhaps ken could pop on and comment?

I'd rather just know either way now tbh, rather than go the way of other Image books such as Nowhere Men, Bedlam etc who's fate just lingered on until nobody cared about them anymore.

I agree here and we all have seen this before, we know what happens next. I wish this book would come back to life like everyone here, but something is up, and it doesn't look good.

Good-Luck Todd wherever you are!

YOu need to fix that, you'll love it. Ken has written here many times before but I think it was a combination of M.K. Perker being unable to jeep a monthly schedule due to circumstances out of his control, Ken having other commitments/opportunities, and low sales for whatever reason. I also think they intended for this to be a mini that turned into something bigger by demand. 2c

Then it just went poof?

Ugh.

I tried it, it didn't resonate with me so I let it go after four :sorry:

I enjoyed the artistic style, and I liked that it was different enough to stand out... though it wasn't entirely new, it wasn't something we've never seen before. It was done well though.

I'm not surprised there was a market for it, it's too bad it doesn't seem to have worked out. Until there is some official word, maybe it can still happen? Who knows.

I started getting nervous when both MK and Ken started working on other things. (shrug)

Yikes.....that's not good. I thought Perker was too unwell to work atm?

If he's now better, but working on another book, then that's not good.

I saw the link above about the cartoon - where the heck did it all go wrong?

It surely can't be lack of money, as 'Todd' sold out every issue and reprint?

I really hope this just isn't a $$$ decision (although I fully understand both guys have to feed their families) but if it is about $$ - then surely "Todd" with an established fanbase would be a safer project to persue than another book?

Perhaps Ken can comment, either here, or at the Con mentioned above.

It's very frustrating not to be told either way.

At one point this studio : http://titmouse.net was going to make a cartoon of Todd. Or at least there were talks.

If you dig deep enough through that site, there's a Todd tshirt for sale there.

But I check it every now and then and no news :sorry:

I phone into Fish Center Live on Adult Swim some times because its a live call in show where they just show a fish tank and talk about it.

Its hosted by 5 animators in the Titmouse / Adult Swim studios. I'm sure if you called in you could ask them about it, among other things.

At one point this studio : http://titmouse.net was going to make a cartoon of Todd. Or at least there were talks.

I phone into Fish Center Live on Adult Swim some times because its a live call in show where they just show a fish tank and talk about it.

Its hosted by 5 animators in the Titmouse / Adult Swim studios. I'm sure if you called in you could ask them about it, among other things.

What time does that come on ? I'll be checking it out. I like watching Axe Cop on Animation Domination. It reminds me of something that should be an Adult Swim show. Nick Offerman is hilarious. :roflmao:

So you get all your info from this show? Its all making sense now. lol