• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

9.8 sold for $335, that's totally insane.

ebay Ultimate Fallout #4 CGC 9.8

And so it begins again:

Step 1: A thread is started on the boards to pump a book.

Step 2: A couple of exorbitantly high fake "buy it nows" are clicked on ebay to spike GPA and create a "paper trail" on ebay.

Step 3: Coming soon!

lol

-J.

And so it begins again:

Step 2: A couple of exorbitantly high fake "buy it nows" are clicked on ebay to spike GPA and create a "paper trail" on ebay.

lol

-J.

Step 3: Create three-step list to throw off suspicion.

evillaugh.jpg

And so it begins again:

lol

The $335 sale was legit. Paid and already shipped.

-J.

And so it begins again:

lol

-J.

Step 3: Create three-step list to throw off suspicion.

evillaugh.jpg

Not quite the South Park reference I was thinking of…mine included a different three step plan for making money….

And so it begins again:

lol

-J.

I started this thread because I was tired of about reading this book in other threads and it deserved its own thread for discussion purposes.

It's a great book, and Miles is here to stay.

I don't think the price is out of line with this crazy market.

Everything is gong for crazy prices nowadays...

I've always agreed that the character is solid, and he is here to stay. I think the book was undervalued too... current explosion is crazy though, it'll be a $75 slab when it settles probably. Unless something movie wise does happen... which I've been very negative on from a possibility perspective.

Time will tell.

I've always agreed that the character is solid, and he is here to stay. I think the book was undervalued too... current explosion is crazy though, it'll be a $75 slab when it settles probably. Unless something movie wise does happen... which I've been very negative on from a possibility perspective.

Time will tell.

If you look at it from the perspective of a bunch of 30-60 year old comic guys, Peter Parker is the man. Heck, I grew up on the guy and along with the X-Men (we will forget about Captain Carrot for street cred purposes) his stories were my favorite read. Some might be making the mistake of believing we are the ones these movies are geared toward appeasing.

We are dealing with a media company (Disney) that has a core business based on theme parks, family friendly cartoons, toys and movies. I know Sony has the rights but Marvel (Disney) is now steering the ship. I believe if you look at the target audience the younger Miles Morales makes sense to Disney's long term financial interests. If you are looking for a $15-$20 speculative book you could certainly do worse. I've got 10 of the first prints at an average price point of $12 and change. 3 or 4 are 9.8 candidates.

Having said that I'd agree the $330 9.8 price point most likely will not stick unless we get some news. $75 may be a little harsh. I could see the price settling closer to $150-$175 for a nice 9.8 slab.

Time will tell.

If you look at it from the perspective of a bunch of 30-60 year old comic guys, Peter Parker is the man. Heck, I grew up on the guy and along with the X-Men (we will forget about Captain Carrot for street cred purposes) his stories were my favorite read. Some might be making the mistake of believing we are the ones these movies are geared toward appeasing.

We are dealing with a media company (Disney) that has a core business based on theme parks, family friendly cartoons, toys and movies. I know Sony has the rights but Marvel (Disney) is now steering the ship. I believe if you look at the target audience the younger Miles Morales makes sense to Disney's long term financial interests. If you are looking for a $15-$20 speculative book you could certainly do worse. I've got 10 of the first prints at an average price point of $12 and change. 3 or 4 are 9.8 candidates.

Having said that I'd agree the $330 9.8 price point most likely will not stick unless we get some news. $75 may be a little harsh. I could see the price settling closer to $150-$175 for a nice 9.8 slab.

Blaze, you're my dude but come on man.

-J.

It's speculation, Jay, but it's comics and it's fun. I think it's close to a coin flip as to which direction the character goes. Both sides can be argued effectively. AF 15 will always be a key, if not the key SA book because whatever happens here, Disney will insure that Spidey always gets top billing.