• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! And the cover has sold. Here it is:

270215143639Gq4upn1rog.jpg

Nick has also finished his NYCC commissions (thanks to everyone for their patience!). Not surprisingly, the vast majority of requests are for EAST OF WEST. Here are the last three:

27021514363806gOM4NfDe.jpg

270215144953fStzqlf020.jpg

270215143638CGDMYuNx9O.jpg

If anyone is interested in getting on the next list, please sign up for the mailing list on my site. Thanks!

A buddy of mine shot some footage of our booth at SDCC and cut a video...you can catch Nick D in it if you don't blink:

We're hoping to get the Hickman/Dragotta/Pitarra panel at C2E2...it's very rare where all three of them will be together. So anyone who can't make the show will be able to see it. Based on previous Hickman panels, should be good!

A buddy of mine shot some footage of our booth at SDCC and cut a video...you can catch Nick D in it if you don't blink:

We're hoping to get the Hickman/Dragotta/Pitarra panel at C2E2...it's very rare where all three of them will be together. So anyone who can't make the show will be able to see it. Based on previous Hickman panels, should be good!

Really cool video. I like all of the guys you represent like Mooneyham and Brown but Dragotta is a stud. I wish he put East of West out once a week. (thumbs u

OK, so... I tend to save up a few months worth of a given book and then read them all at once. I just finished the one shot, 16, and 17 and... I gotta say, I wish some answers would start appearing. I still don't even understand what some of these central characters physically are let alone why they're doing what they're doing.

So apparently Conquest has metal bones? Are these guys AIs in cyborg bodies or something? I understand that the Endless Nation has incredible technology, and may even have technology they're not making public, but where did the horsemen come from? How are they connected with the 'Message'?

I guess the biggest question is, did I miss stuff, or are all of these answers supposed to be unknown at this stage? At a minimum, I would like to understand motives.

Oh, and also... Dragotta :cloud9: These books also have such great colors.

The Message is the prophecy of the end of the world, by way of the Four Horsemen. What the Four Horsemen are is something of a mystery, but they're certainly not Human. The beginning of issue one makes it fairly clear that we are watching The Message unfold, and that there is a connection between the two..

First, we have the three prophets who first told the Message introduce us to what's about to happen:

3VcllrD.png

And then the next panel on the next page:

EKoNbZR.png

The connection between the Horsemen and the Message is also visually shown throughout the series. For example, here's how War, Conquest, and Famine stack the bodies in issue 1:

luSp1jg.png

And the symbol on Ezra's robe, who is the keeper of the Message:

Fo2hi6Q.png

This isn't a book that is going to tell you all the answers too quickly. Hickman isn't the type of writer to just lay it all out. He's going to take us on a journey, and slowly answer some questions here and there, but tease us just enough to make us question more. Honestly, I hope that by the end he can wrap up most of the main plot threads when it's all said and done, but I would also like to see some things remain ambiguous at the end. This series really benefits from multiple read throughs, and I wouldn't want that to change when the series is over.

Thanks for the great answer! I'd forgotten the stack of bodies, but I was on board with most everything else.

I mostly just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some huge point somewhere! I don't mind the questions lingering, but I would like more insight into the motives.

As an aside, I really like Babylon - I love his character design, and want to see more of where his story is going, and I have a feeling his story is going to reveal a great deal.

So.....

If you are the person who sold me the huge Image Con EoW poster, but failed to send it out to me after payment was sent, shame on you.

I have CGC retrieving my deleted PMs now, so I should know who it was soon.

Please, if you are reading this, contact me so we can straighten this out before it escalates.

I've never been "taken" on the boards before, and I would like to keep it that way.

A simple refund will suffice.

Thanks.

End of Message.

lol

Reed