• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

There was a Spider-Gwen # 1 CGC SS 9.8 blank variant Adam Hughes remarked + signed on Ebay, and I jumped all over it.

I've got the FEVER!!!

Wow you move fast! I was just staring at it. Nice pick up for sure.

Did you not say just yesterday it was time to slow down? And you know, let some of us get some books too? lol

I just got my Phantom books from Larry. All I can say is thank you !!! (worship)

The condition is fantastic and the books are beautiful. I'll be posting pics later today. You guys should all try his Google+ (CBSA) site because the good deals are offered there first to the best of my knowledge.

I also received my Jenny Frison covers from another seller today. My one tiny complaint with these is that Marvel's cover stuck is so thin, the other side of the page bleeds through the background. The picture of Gwen is awesome. I haven't really been pumped up by Marvel books in a while but this series, Star Wars, and Silk have me reading them again. Still not Image in depth but a lot of fun imo. :banana:

I got my Midtown variants with the J. Scott Campbell cover (2 colour, 2 B&W) today! Unfortunately, one of each would not pass 9.8 muster. Does anyone think 9.6s of these would be worth getting graded by the CGC?

:(

-slym

You might be best off flipping raw, and quickly.

Probably not. Midtown has stacks of them still; I don't know what the print run is, and I'm assuming there'll be tons of 9.8's available for cheap. It might not be worth it to slab anything that doesn't have 9.8 or better potential.

Look at the last Spider-Man Midtown variant covers (SS 31, ASM 1 & ASM 1.1), they still have 'em in stock at their stores, and graded 9.8 copies don't sell for much. I think the last Midtown variants that were good for flipping and slabbing for a good profit were ASM 700 & SS 1.

That's just my 2c and I could be waaaay wrong.

Probably not. Midtown has stacks of them still; I don't know what the print run is, and I'm assuming there'll be tons of 9.8's available for cheap. It might not be worth it to slab anything that doesn't have 9.8 or better potential.

Look at the last Spider-Man Midtown variant covers (SS 31, ASM 1 & ASM 1.1), they still have 'em in stock at their stores, and graded 9.8 copies don't sell for much. I think the last Midtown variants that were good for flipping and slabbing for a good profit were ASM 700 & SS 1.

That's just my 2c and I could be waaaay wrong.

I think that is some wise 2 cents there.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I think with my other problems, I probably shouldn't be subbing any books to the CGC right now, even if it means "leaving money on the table." The other two copes are definitely 9.8s, but I am just going to have to bite that bullet and flip everything as raw.

At least these have a good chance at selling, unlike some of my other books...

-slym

I don't know, you may be in luck slym. Midtown must think they are going to sell out, because they have an "encore" edition set to be released at the end of March.

1423183_xl_zpsrih5mzfe.jpg

Is "Encore" French for "2nd print"?

Encore looks too similar to the 1st print, thanks for devaluing our books Midtown.

Found a new variant on the bay;

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191521287669