• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I hope Skye isn't the Tony Stark of the show and everyone else is just there. :(

Joss Whedon helped shape the original concept. Every show he has ever done is about a regular girl, who ends up having super powers, and then has to learn how to both cope with her powers, and try to have a normal life. That IS Joss Whedon, regardless of whether his brother and friends are writing it.

From launch with Skye as the main character there was never any doubt it would follow the Buffy,Angel,Firefly,Dollhouse formula...

Remember that Whitehall is also the Kraken and is probably not dead. hm

Is that right?

I didn't know that either, but that looks to be correct!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Daniel_Whitehall_%28Earth-616%29

I think it was this thread where we covered him, lance hunter, and a bunch of other characters first comic book appearances.

I think the hooded one is Reyna. There was an interview on the Entertainment Weekly site with the creators about this poster and I'm pretty sure they at least suggested it was Reyna, and maybe outright stated it.

The hooded one looks like a female, so it's probably Reyna. Could Reyna still be Tigra or has someone figured out who else she might be in the Marvel Universe?

looked into whether any of the new characters from the "inhuman" series might be a possibility, (as I own but havent read them yet), Interesting theory I found suggested the character:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Naja_%28Earth-616%29

I think this and Tonaja are the two most likely possibilities if its an existing character. I think flying/wings is what they are hiding with the cloak, not just her appearance.

The Inhuman Mini-series, and the Inhuman series are both going to be tapped by Marvel in the coming years leading up to the movie. Given that the Royal family will be the movie, expect to see a lot of the newer stuff used in Shield.

Also interesting fact, Tonaja, my guess, apparently was raised by her Grandmother, just as Raina was....interesting coincidence.

I hope Skye isn't the Tony Stark of the show and everyone else is just there. :(

Joss Whedon helped shape the original concept. Every show he has ever done is about a regular girl, who ends up having super powers, and then has to learn how to both cope with her powers, and try to have a normal life. That IS Joss Whedon, regardless of whether his brother and friends are writing it.

From launch with Skye as the main character there was never any doubt it would follow the Buffy,Angel,Firefly,Dollhouse formula...

I guess so. Problem is, my DVR isn't set to record Skye and the Agents of Shield.

Am I the only one who was underwhelmed by last nights episode?

I've been loving the show, and was really excited about it starting back up.

It just felt really flat or kind of "shark jumpy" to me.

No, I felt the same way. Huge build up over the past few months, and it was not backed up. I find it slightly hard to fathom that it took 1 and a half seasons to take down one Hydra leader, and then one episode to take out the remaining 5. Not buying it.