• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Judging from the "dark" tone of the teaser trailer and these newly-released images of the not-so-colorful costumes, I think we're going to be getting the Christopher Nolan treatment on the FF movie. As long as the movie is good, I guess I don't care ... but so much for getting younger kids to have any interest in seeing this.

Judging from the "dark" tone of the teaser trailer and these newly-released images of the not-so-colorful costumes, I think we're going to be getting the Christopher Nolan treatment on the FF movie. As long as the movie is good, I guess I don't care ... but so much for getting younger kids to have any interest in seeing this.

I wonder if any adults would want to see it... younger teen-isn looking people playing super spy stuff... IDK... it's hard for me to take serious with such young looking actors. It almost looks like a Fox TV series, rather than a big screen movie.

It reminds of that really goofy lame 'Divergent' movie, which did a respectable $150 million (even more respectable with an $85m budget), but this movies budget is going to be considerably higher than that.

I wonder if any adults would want to see it... younger teen-isn looking people playing super spy stuff... IDK... it's hard for me to take serious with such young looking actors. It almost looks like a Fox TV series, rather than a big screen movie.

The 4 actors range from 28-32. You really think they look like young teens?

FANTASTIC FOUR: Details On 'The Thing''s "Transformation Cocoon", Race Change, And More

------------------

When Empire Magazine caught up with the filmmaker recently, he had this to say about how his version of Marvel's First Family will differ to both the last attempt and other unnamed recent releases.

"The original two films to me are very similar to a lot of recent movies that have come out, in terms of that kind of cartoonish. It's just not something that me and Simon are interested in as storytellers."

"There's the opportunity to make something that is challenging and tragic and dramatic," he said. "The opportunity is right there in the material. We'd rather steer it in that direction as opposed to just embracing a tone that comes right off the page."

------------------

He had said something like this during the trailer release that he wanted to make it more a sci-fi film than a superhero movie.

------------------

For Sue then, Trank also wanted to update her from the classic comics, adding: "There have always been two categories of Sue - the slutty secretary version, and this brilliant scientist version. This is a really, really smart Sue, and one that is dignified and has integrity."

"Ben is supposed to be a smaller guy in terms of height. That idea of Ben being Reeds best friend in the archetypical way, you want that character to have warmth and strength, qualities Jamie has." The director then confirmed that what we saw in the trailer was a "transformation cocoon" that The Thing punches his way out of.

------------------

They look pretty young to me. For people responsible for saving the world anyway. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old.

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102656AM_zpsfb291c88.png

Miles Teller Talks About Portraying 'Mister Fantatsic''s Powers In FANTASTIC FOUR

--------------------

Empire Magazine also caught up with Miles Teller to talk about what to expect from his take on Reed Richards, and it definitely sounds like he'll be as smart as his comic book counterpart!

"It was good talking with our advisers on set, whether it's the quantum physics stuff or biomechanics," he says. "I always want to know enough about the stuff before I say it. But I'm on layman's terms with the science. I'm a layman's Reed Richards!"

--------------------

There is a rumor going around that William Stryker is one of the characters looking at the spaceship blueprints in the teaser trailer.

vPHZcf7.jpg

If it is, then they replaced Brian Cox since he is 68 years old now.

Haha, teens yes... Maybe not young teens but teens nevertheless.

Miles Teller Talks About Portraying 'Mister Fantatsic''s Powers In FANTASTIC FOUR

--------------------

Empire Magazine also caught up with Miles Teller to talk about what to expect from his take on Reed Richards, and it definitely sounds like he'll be as smart as his comic book counterpart!

"It was good talking with our advisers on set, whether it's the quantum physics stuff or biomechanics," he says. "I always want to know enough about the stuff before I say it. But I'm on layman's terms with the science. I'm a layman's Reed Richards!"

--------------------

Just watched Whiplash with Miles... he's a darn good actor. He can pull this off ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

There is a rumor going around that William Stryker is one of the characters looking at the spaceship blueprints in the teaser trailer.

vPHZcf7.jpg

If it is, then they replaced Brian Cox since he is 68 years old now.

Fox really needs to stop using Stryker…he's not that great of a character.