• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,294 posts in this topic

I picked these up for my comic room the other day! I really like them:

DSC03329_zpsf585d20e.jpg

DSC03327_zps0ce4e7f2.jpg

DSC03326_zps17db0724.jpg

(I am in no way affiliated with this company). I picked them up on E-Bay, he does many different custom frames for both raw and CGC books - E-Bay -"comicdisplays" : Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CustomComicDisplays - Extremely nice guy. (thumbs u

Cool! :headbang:

Dig the Sideshow Joe figures as well. I picked up a few during their Spooktacular and Black Friday sales. Storm Shadow came last week, still waiting on Major Bludd. Also picked up the Hot Toys Roadblock, as he was dirt cheap at the time. Wish they'd continued the line.

I picked these up for my comic room the other day! I really like them:

DSC03329_zpsf585d20e.jpg

DSC03327_zps0ce4e7f2.jpg

DSC03326_zps17db0724.jpg

(I am in no way affiliated with this company). I picked them up on E-Bay, he does many different custom frames for both raw and CGC books - E-Bay -"comicdisplays" : Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CustomComicDisplays - Extremely nice guy. (thumbs u

Nice (thumbs u

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or the unimpressive room thread. I am in the process of redoing it. The blinds are typically closed to black out sunlight. I will be selling off 80% of the stuff in the cabinet to get rid of the clutter as well as getting a new desk.

You can see my art is starting to spread in to the hall now. I have to reframe the two plain frames while they are archival, they don't match my other frames.

Still plenty of comic boxes and comics in the closet. I need to sell more as I still have too many.

IMG_0661_zps7cc0bbae.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb163c055.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsa45e2be2.jpg

IMG_0663_zps1154fd9a.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsfe013299.jpg

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or the unimpressive room thread. I am in the process of redoing it. The blinds are typically closed to black out sunlight. I will be selling off 80% of the stuff in the cabinet to get rid of the clutter as well as getting a new desk.

You can see my art is starting to spread in to the hall now. I have to reframe the two plain frames while they are archival, they don't match my other frames.

Still plenty of comic boxes and comics in the closet. I need to sell more as I still have too many.

IMG_0661_zps7cc0bbae.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb163c055.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsa45e2be2.jpg

IMG_0663_zps1154fd9a.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsfe013299.jpg

Very cool, looks like its coming along.

IMG_0661_zps7cc0bbae.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb163c055.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsa45e2be2.jpg

IMG_0663_zps1154fd9a.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsfe013299.jpg

Very cool, looks like its coming along.

+1 - NICE room :applause:

IMG_0661_zps7cc0bbae.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb163c055.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsa45e2be2.jpg

IMG_0663_zps1154fd9a.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsfe013299.jpg

Tell me those aren't the OA marvel premier covers...

IMG_0661_zps7cc0bbae.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb163c055.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsa45e2be2.jpg

IMG_0663_zps1154fd9a.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsfe013299.jpg

If you mean Marvel Preview then yes they are.

[

Yep they are. I got lucky when I bought them.

IMG_0661_zps7cc0bbae.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb163c055.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsa45e2be2.jpg

IMG_0663_zps1154fd9a.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsfe013299.jpg

If you mean Marvel Preview then yes they are.

Great looking room Brian :)

And I've seen some of those original covers in person, they are dreamy and made me covet them

I need some better/newer pictures but we've kinda covered about 2/3 of the house in comic-themed decorations.

But here's pretty much everything. We have 1 room that is our designated nerd room & the rest are hallways & staircase walls & whatnot.

Landing & staircase outside the nerd room:

IMG_0203_zpsa5017a45.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsdf2c4202.jpg

IMG_0205_zps727e1118.jpg

Our nerd room...

IMG_0197_zps30bb809f.jpg

IMG_0788_zpseea7daae.jpg

IMG_0195_zps7e602973.jpg

IMG_0206_zpsfbfb6cce.jpg

4_zps87af08d9.jpg

And the basement:

IMG_0209_zps43980a27.jpg

IMG_0210_zps07961236.jpg

And a dresser that my girlfriend wanted me to re-finish for her. She's a huge batman junkie, so she wanted a batman themed dresser. So I did this for the bedroom:

IMG_0745_zpsd07e1c8e.jpg

IMG_0818_zpsf0fc8a4e.jpg

I plan to re-do the room in the next few weeks. Moving furniture in the nerd room & painting as soon as the weather breaks. Because I think I need to add another filing cabinet & I'm going to be out of space if I put it next to the existing 3. So we'll be re-arraging it.

It's great to have 2 roomies & a girlfriend that all love comics. There's more stuff in the living room & front entry hall that I don't have pics of yet, but it's getting there. Slowly

The Nerd Room is (and maybe some of the hallways, staircases & other spaces) are getting a makeover...

IMG_0240_zps3a3tjbxe.jpg

IMG_0241_zpsggol4y3o.jpg

By this time next week, I should have a whole new layout & everything. It's going to be great.

Red/Black/Light Silver color scheme.

So I'm about 90% done with the Nerd Room Version 2.0 now & I really like the new color scheme to it. I've still got a bunch of art to hang, put up 2 more shelves for slabs & stuff to put away, so please ignore the clutter & poor iPhone pictures. Also need to add a 4th filing cabinet for comics because all 15 drawers here are filled now.

And before I hear about it... the curtains stay closed all the time & the lights are always off except for the half hour a week someone is in this room. I don't have to worry about light damage to those slabs.

IMG_1039_zpsybhkd8nf.jpg

IMG_1035_zpsesz7za7t.jpg

IMG_1040_zpsefh5gnew.jpg

IMG_1041_zpshgfba0si.jpg

IMG_1042_zpsdca7ea89.jpg

IMG_1034_zps7q6dqvuf.jpg

It's not the easiest room to photograph because everything kinda merges together. So here's a few panorama thumbnail

th_IMG_1038_zpshiahfott.jpg th_IMG_0993_zpsqnosh3at.jpg

I got really bored and tore off the covers of some junk comics that my roomies had already shredded the internals of for some girl project, mixed up a thinned glue mixture of my own concoction, sanded the cabinets to get some texture to them for the glue to adhere to, and wrapped the covers over the metal after dipping them in the glue mix like they were wallpaper.

I'm thinking of trying something slightly different on the 4th one when I get it home and trying a spray sealant over-top of the paper though. I'll see if that works at all.

But I'm also thinking about trying to redo it by getting some vinyl sheeting printed up & wrapping it like a vinyl wrapped car. I think that might be a little cooler & with a more even finish. No shrinking of the covers because of the water-based glue when it's laid down if I do it that way. Just need to find some vinyl sheet with comic covers printed (similar to the comic-themed printed fabrics) or find someone that'll print copyrighted material on vinyl for me that Kinkos would have done a decade ago but wont' now (because they're lame now)

Edited by Doktor