• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

Great group shot!

And who knows? Maybe Arch will call the reboot a failure, merge the threads, and pick up with the previous numbering. It worked for Marvel and DC after all... ;)

Fortunately threads like this are too freeform for someone to attempt to dictate how they should be run. Folks who enjoy discussing a favorite book shouldn't be told that they're doing it wrong.

Now Peter Loves Gwen is getting lectured on the "correct" way to watch threads in the AF #15 rebooted thread that's just a warmup for the next rebooted thread. :facepalm:

Looks like the original AF #15 thread has been locked. :P

Great group shot!

And who knows? Maybe Arch will call the reboot a failure, merge the threads, and pick up with the previous numbering. It worked for Marvel and DC after all... ;)

Fortunately threads like this are too freeform for someone to attempt to dictate how they should be run. Folks who enjoy discussing a favorite book shouldn't be told that they're doing it wrong.

Now Peter Loves Gwen is getting lectured on the "correct" way to watch threads in the AF #15 rebooted thread that's just a warmup for the next rebooted thread. :facepalm:

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the "reboot" on some of these - the originals were getting a bit long and the new thread had some organization to it - but the correction you are talking about rubbed me the wrong way.

Great group shot!

lol, I have missed that, I need to check my watched threads more often.

Great group shot!

lol, I have missed that, I need to check my watched threads more often.

It just happened not too long ago, apparently someone got a bit irritated that the "wrong" thread kept getting bumped, so a popular 6+ year old thread got locked. I expect it will happen to all the other clubs that have received reboots before too long.

Here's a group shot of the newest additions to my collection. I like my books raw, though my ASM #1 is slabbed.

Grabbed these from a fellow boardie (thanks Ed!)

grades range from VG-VF-ish

20150217_223659_zpsssnm8sbw.jpg

:applause:

Took me a long time to find a #77 I liked, and I'm still waiting to upgrade my #90. Great books!

Here's a group shot of the newest additions to my collection. I like my books raw, though my ASM #1 is slabbed.

Grabbed these from a fellow boardie (thanks Ed!)

grades range from VG-VF-ish

20150217_223659_zpsssnm8sbw.jpg

:applause:

Took me a long time to find a #77 I liked, and I'm still waiting to upgrade my #90. Great books!

Nice haul!! :headbang:

I'm awaiting the arrival of this in the mail in the coming days.

Pretty structurally nice for a 3.5, and better than most of the 4.0s that I came across recently, many of which had choppy spines, rusted staples, water stains, etc. So I'm pretty happy with it. One of those buy the book, not the label situations for me.

0WWGdip.jpg

TRz6nnD.jpg