• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

Thanks, and thanks for not running up the price :grin:

I picked this one up this weekend. Not a pre-hero FF, but one that I like. :)

ff_zpsgf5tojqq.jpg

Great book!

(You can tell that I really think so because I was the underbidder on that one. :D )

I really dig this book first time seeing it to be honest!! Chief Wahoo is kind of a legend here in Cleveland so that's pretty awesome!!

Pleasantly surprised to pick this up for about half guide.

RADDEE442015116_161049_zpsee6kvb1h.jpg

A great purchase. Congrats (thumbs u

Picked up a few books over the weekend. I was thankful to land the Action #23 Friday at the Cleveland ComicCon (it is missing the back cover and the last add page) but I am pretty psyched to have finally landed an affordable well presenting copy!! The Prize I won over on the Bay. The cover has seen better days but the inside pages are very nice and still a pretty tough book.

16426514958_2f169836ae_b.jpg

16406459337_2041924d4e_b.jpg

Hey buddy

That Action 23 is a high note for your collection, you must still be on cloud 9!! happy for you

-scott

Picked up a few books over the weekend. I was thankful to land the Action #23 Friday at the Cleveland ComicCon (it is missing the back cover and the last add page) but I am pretty psyched to have finally landed an affordable well presenting copy!! The Prize I won over on the Bay. The cover has seen better days but the inside pages are very nice and still a pretty tough book

Hey buddy

That Action 23 is a high note for your collection, you must still be on cloud 9!! happy for you

-scott

:hi: Thanks Scott you got that right :cloud9:

Pleasantly surprised to pick this up for about half guide.

RADDEE442015116_161049_zpsee6kvb1h.jpg

A great purchase. Congrats (thumbs u

Thanks. S&K books seem to be lagging. Is that your experience? hm

Yes, other than a few oddball books here and there (like Foxhole 1 or Bullseye). And it is weird because they were so sought after a decade ago. I think it is just a cycle, and the perfect time to be scooping them up.

Slowly putting together a run of Moon Girl.

Won this 8.0 (non CGC, hence the trimmed scan) off of comiclink auction today. I wouldn't buy a PGX graded book but the other "new company" seems pretty accurate in grading.

c9c364131cef634494fac507b1f55967d70bde08.jpg

I have issues #3 and 6 now. I'm thinking of working on #1,2,4,5,7,8 and maybe #9 too since it has a Moon Girl story in it. Not sure about #10-12 yet.

I don't know if I'd call this series scarce but would it be fair to say it's uncommon? You have to wait for decent copies to turn up I've found out.

Edited by Nerv

Won this 8.0 (non CGC, hence the trimmed scan) off of comiclink auction today. I wouldn't buy a PGX graded book but the other "new company" seems pretty accurate in grading.

I have issues #3 and 6 now. I'm thinking of working on #1,2,4,5,7,8 and maybe #9 too since it has a Moon Girl story in it. Not sure about #10-12 yet.

I don't know if I'd call this series scarce but would it be fair to say it's uncommon? You have to wait for decent copies to turn up I've found out.

I was very tempted to bid on that one and thought it went for a good price. Congrats! Did you give the #2 a go as well? It also looked nice.

I was very tempted to bid on that one and thought it went for a good price. Congrats! Did you give the #2 a go as well? It also looked nice.

No. Maybe I should have. I lost the other two books I was bidding on.

VERY nice copy! A very under rated and tough set to put together in any grade. At one time I owned a near complete set of EC's. This was the title I was missing the most of...