• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 121 Club

487 posts in this topic

Daredevil 1 is undervalued and is more of a key than Batman 121.

I'd tend to agree, although I believe almost all DC keys are undervalued and will see similar, if not better, appreciation than their Marvel counterparts now that DC has gotten their heads out of their #$$#$ and have a movie slate for the next 7 years.

Any bets on this one coming up to auction? There was one sold about two years ago in 9.0 ow/w that had better, near perfect registration. His auction says 7 years, but whatever. It's still hard to find.

Pedigree Auction

1205650002.jpg

Wow. That is a brutal gift grade. The owner of this book will be disappointed IMHO.

Any bets on this one coming up to auction? There was one sold about two years ago in 9.0 ow/w that had better, near perfect registration. His auction says 7 years, but whatever. It's still hard to find.

Pedigree Auction

1205650002.jpg

Wow. That is a brutal gift grade. The owner of this book will be disappointed IMHO.

I think a boardie owned it (not me). Some staple stress. Corner bumps and spine ticks. What do you think it should have graded at?

This is the only other copy I've even seen:

RADCB5552014114_1837.jpg

Pedigree Auction

1205650002.jpg

I think a boardie owned it (not me). Some staple stress. Corner bumps and spine ticks. What do you think it should have graded at?

The spine creases, staple stress and cornerbumps should drop it to 8.0 if tightly graded. There are too many spine creases to be 8.5, and adding the staple pulls should drop it further.

There also appear to be three small tears/creases - two along the bottom edge towards the spine and one about 1/2 way up on the right edge (just behind Mr. Freeze's melon). That should drop it to 7.0 territory if they are indeed tears or 7.5 max if they are just creases.

I wonder what the back cover looks like?

Granted, CGC gives keys a bump but the Pedigree copy is more than the norm. Is it a great looking copy of a hard to find in high grade book? Definitely. However, if I bought it I would be disappointed as it would not be a properly graded 9.0.

The CGC census is wrong too. Book 1205650002 does not show up and was probably very recently submitted. There should be 2 in 9.0 and 2 in 9.2.

I understand the gift grade now and why.

I think the last time I looked there was 2 in 9.0 and 1 in 9.2 so someone CPR'ed their 9.0?

Batman #121 is a very tough book(although the recent price increases have been bringing more to market) and almost always gets graded on a steep curve.

I bet the 9.0 brings 6.5-7k

I hope someday I can get a copy of this book. I really want one but at the current prices there are probably 100 books I would buy beforehand with the money.