• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Just added this nice 1975 page from Justice League of America by Dillin and Frank McLaughlin. From the issue where Adam Strange marries Alanna, the page features Adam confronting Kanjar Ro, who feels the need to explain his villainous plot. 0rkrprHm_1702152203561.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1202990

Edited by oceans11

Here's my latest acquisition, something that has eluded me for years but I've always wanted -- a Barry Kitson Azrael cover! (Image is clickable and takes you straight to my CAF where you can see additional images and the original published cover and of course... leave comments!)

Azrael-24-Cover-Barry-Kitson-OA-with-Stats-JBF-599_zpsd14751c7.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1203375

Thanks to AlexK for helping me with this!

I picked up Page 5 from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Issue 31 during NSNart's Ross Campbell sale. The piece had been on hold since last March so I am very pleased to be able to reunite these 2 page. :)

O6Sa7N.jpg

Unfortunately the PO decided to bend the package even though it was marked fragile and Do Not Bend. It ended up with a giant crease across panels 2 and 3 so that is a real bummer. doh!

Hi folks! Here's my vintage Green Lantern page from the classic 1970s run drawn by Neal Adams with inks by Bernie Wrightson ... a rare collaboration between two legendary artists in peak form. Adams dynamic pencils and Wrightson's expressive lines work so well together.

QIY9xrGu_1501150537391.jpg

Click for larger image

Hi folks! Here's my vintage Green Lantern page from the classic 1970s run drawn by Neal Adams with inks by Bernie Wrightson ... a rare collaboration between two legendary artists in peak form. Adams dynamic pencils and Wrightson's expressive lines work so well together.

Click for larger image

:applause:

Click for larger image

+1, great pick-up !

So I have been watching a piece that I wanted for a number of years and finally decided I couldn't take the chance and let it sit up for sale longer. Saved up some money in my paypal and made the purchase.

Why this piece?

Well not only does it have my fav. character but it personally holds a spot dear to my heart.

So about 2.5 years ago I decided it was time to propose to my other half. I told her we had to go to the LCS and had to dress up as they were doing a costume contest (I have an Arrow costume and she has a Canary costume). After much protest she finally put on the costume. I told her we had to take a picture for the memory (I hate my photo being taken) she was a little surprised but she loves to take pictures so snapped away. I then got down and asked her in full gear...needless to say she said yes.

so without further ado here is what I got. (Scott was easy to work with and shipped it to accommodate my schedule).

20150221_132001_zps4qbaxghi.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]

Congratulations.

Great piece of art and a perfect romantic story.

Could you share pictures when you propose in the comic book store?[/font]

So I have been watching a piece that I wanted for a number of years and finally decided I couldn't take the chance and let it sit up for sale longer. Saved up some money in my paypal and made the purchase.

Why this piece?

Well not only does it have my fav. character but it personally holds a spot dear to my heart.

So about 2.5 years ago I decided it was time to propose to my other half. I told her we had to go to the LCS and had to dress up as they were doing a costume contest (I have an Arrow costume and she has a Canary costume). After much protest she finally put on the costume. I told her we had to take a picture for the memory (I hate my photo being taken) she was a little surprised but she loves to take pictures so snapped away. I then got down and asked her in full gear...needless to say she said yes.

so without further ado here is what I got. (Scott was easy to work with and shipped it to accommodate my schedule).

20150221_132001_zps4qbaxghi.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]

Congratulations.

Great piece of art and a perfect romantic story.

Could you share pictures when you propose in the comic book store?[/font]

Sorry proposed while we were at home. I then told her we weren't actually going to the store and she could take the costume off...not sure what she was more excited for lol I will have to see if I can find the photo of us before I did.

Click for larger image

Holy moley, I jones for one of those!! (worship)

I tried and tried and tried, and after bumping my WTB thread for a year and half, I finally managed to score a Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight cover from his early 80s run. Triple thanks to Gene for looking out and Brian for hooking me up. :foryou:

j19q5K.jpg

http://cafurl.com?i=21840

SO PSYCHED!!!! :whee: