• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Maybe it's a little bit of comeuppance for shining him on for a while in the initial transaction & he's making you wait this time around?

Be patient & be remorseful & maybe a resolution will come.

Be pushy & demanding that someone who felt was screwed over by you to be compliant in your request to "make right" and you'll probably get a lot less traction in your attempt to actually "make right".

Good advice

people say he's a busy man. I'll just give it time

In terms of 'make it right', you could consider buying something off (of higher value) of his ebay store (if you're not blocked), no offers, no fuss, no returns (if he holds up his end), nothing. Pay immediately. Show you're capable of smoothly completing a fairly high value transaction.

Maybe do more than one.

Then AFTER that, let him know who you are, apologize profusely and politely, and kindly ask if he can remove you from the PL list.

I think in this case many people feel like a large percentage of your transactions cannot be completed smoothly, whether its circumstance or coincidence, or bad luck, or through you're own inattention to detail or lack of communication. The reasons, good or bad, are a red flag to the people here. So if I were you I would try to think of a way to lower the red flag(s), especially with regard to the person who put you on the probation list. The best way to do that is to complete transactions smoothly with no hassle and no fuss. Being on the PL, its almost impossible to do that here on the boards. BUT ebay is still an available avenue to complete transactions...so consider it.

Maybe it's a little bit of comeuppance for shining him on for a while in the initial transaction & he's making you wait this time around?

Be patient & be remorseful & maybe a resolution will come.

Be pushy & demanding that someone who felt was screwed over by you to be compliant in your request to "make right" and you'll probably get a lot less traction in your attempt to actually "make right".

Good advice

people say he's a busy man. I'll just give it time

In terms of 'make it right', you could consider buying something off (of higher value) of his ebay store (if you're not blocked), no offers, no fuss, no returns (if he holds up his end), nothing. Pay immediately. Show you're capable of smoothly completing a fairly high value transaction.

Maybe do more than one.

Then AFTER that, let him know who you are, apologize profusely and politely, and kindly ask if he can remove you from the PL list.

I think in this case many people feel like a large percentage of your transactions cannot be completed smoothly, whether its circumstance or coincidence, or bad luck, or through you're own inattention to detail or lack of communication. The reasons, good or bad, are a red flag to the people here. So if I were you I would try to think of a way to lower the red flag(s), especially with regard to the person who put you on the probation list. The best way to do that is to complete transactions smoothly with no hassle and no fuss. Being on the PL, its almost impossible to do that here on the boards. BUT ebay is still an available avenue to complete transactions...so consider it.

This. He always has great stuff, or is working on great stuff and is one of the easiest sellers I've worked with. He is one of the boardies who turned my attitude on the place 180 from when I first got here.

Found this Cobra fact paragraph, confirming Sly actually kicked more butt than we ever saw. We need an extended DVD release!! :)

Original rough cut of the movie was over 2 hours long. Due to the concern that it wouldn't be a hit,it was cut down to 84 minutes. Some of the deleted material was cut because of the MPAA,who originally gave the movie an X rating due to the graphic violence. After massive re-editing a great deal of plot was either removed or speed up while most of the violence and nearly every death scene is edited or is always happening offscreen, often causing continuity mistakes. Because of the re-editing a great deal of action scenes are also cut.

The only way this doesn't seem very shady is if he bought the other book between these two events:

Ask if I will take xxx.xx for price at 1:07pm

I say sure at 3:13pm

But even then he should have immediately sent a PM canceling the deal before it was agreed on by the seller.

+1

In my book (speak out if you disagree) when you say:

"Will you take it for $XX?" That's a done deal if accepted. If you don't hear back within whatever timeframe you feel is reasonable, then you simply say "NVM, found one." It's not that hard, and I've recalled doing that very thing myself.

To not respond to people online while you have 17 different ways to do so at practically any location on earth - is inconsiderate and lazy. If you're out cutting deals and looking for books while you make offers, I'd say you've got the ability to contact someone to back out of a deal at a moments notice.

Sure, some people have lives outside of the internet - but again, if you're out actively looking for a comic in that two-to-three hour window, you would think that you'd have the wherewithal to cancel an offer when you bought it elsewhere - instead of flaking out and wasting the seller's time.

Has the guy been outed yet , so I can put him on ignore?

Mephisto25

My bad, got tied up and thought I replied earlier.

I checked with some of the board members who he said he did time payment deals with and they vouched for him. Make your own decision about him.

What book are we talking about?

When were the PMs sent? When were they read?

One was sent over a month ago and the other yesterday both read and no Reply to either

I didn't post her to bad moth the seller I posted to see what to do next and like always got attacked

I never said to him sell me the book at the price I won it for on eBay

I'm trying to do what everyone who has to put their say in everything told me to do

Come up with a resolution and complete the sale. Just about everyone in this thread is quick to judge and listen to one side but not the other. Not here to make excuses I'm trying to make things right and be done with this so the seller and I can move on

Glad you're not trying to bad moth anyone........

In general most of us want to see problems addressed and people come off the probation list. Unfortunately most of us see you as a habitual screw up and your attempts to get off the probation list as self serving.

Found this Cobra fact paragraph, confirming Sly actually kicked more butt than we ever saw. We need an extended DVD release!! :)

Original rough cut of the movie was over 2 hours long. Due to the concern that it wouldn't be a hit,it was cut down to 84 minutes. Some of the deleted material was cut because of the MPAA,who originally gave the movie an X rating due to the graphic violence. After massive re-editing a great deal of plot was either removed or speed up while most of the violence and nearly every death scene is edited or is always happening offscreen, often causing continuity mistakes. Because of the re-editing a great deal of action scenes are also cut.

Wow. Put me down for one of those.

What book are we talking about?

When were the PMs sent? When were they read?

One was sent over a month ago and the other yesterday both read and no Reply to either

I didn't post her to bad moth the seller I posted to see what to do next and like always got attacked

I never said to him sell me the book at the price I won it for on eBay

I'm trying to do what everyone who has to put their say in everything told me to do

Come up with a resolution and complete the sale. Just about everyone in this thread is quick to judge and listen to one side but not the other. Not here to make excuses I'm trying to make things right and be done with this so the seller and I can move on

Glad you're not trying to bad moth anyone........

In general most of us want to see problems addressed and people come off the probation list. Unfortunately most of us see you as a habitual screw up and your attempts to get off the probation list as self serving.

the biggest complaint

I ask for prices and pics and don't buy every book someone offers me. That's tbe biggest complaint I get from people. I get it takes time to do all that but people shouldn't expect the person to automatically buy the book just because they scan a few pictures.

I've never had an issue(besides this one) when it came to actually buying a book and had one issue with selling a book. The board was split half and half on that one.

I'm listening to all the advice I've been given about the current situation

I'm pretty sure I've been blocked but I'll try to see if maybe I can purchese something from him off eBay have a smooth transaction and go from there.

So instead of scrolling through 2900 pages in this thread, thought I'd just ask:

I had my first non-paying buyer. I gave him WAY more than 30 days but he stopped responding so now I guess I need to report it. Do I just put the information down in the thread and then he's added to a list?

Or is there some kind of public flogging involved. lol

Username: Benjamin Cruz

Order a copy of ASM#1 signed by Stan Lee, Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba, and Edgar Delgado.

Book was signed by signed by everyone and submitted to CGC...came back in September and I invoiced him for it. Said he needed a whlie to pay and I told him I'd give him time. Then nothing...

I learned about the probation list in December but at first I thought he was no longer on the boards as he was such a new user so I didn't bother but just saw that in Jan and Feb he has posted on some threads so I figured it was time to send in the information.