• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

Well, I think it's time to create a thread for CCS TATs.

When I sent my most recent pressing submissions to CCS (one in December, one in January), the stated TATs were 2-3 weeks for Fast Track and 4-6 weeks for Standard.

I just checked the website today and the current TATs listed are:

4-6 weeks for Fast Track

10-12 weeks for Standard

:o

WTF?

I stopped using them when I 1st saw this coming. Not to mention the upcharges. Craziness.

The only reason I used them in the first place was because they were "relatively" quick with their services. I'm not sure what happened.

Yes, for us the winter was always slower, and a good time to catch up. Not so this time. Business is booming. I am working on getting the TATs back down as soon as possible. My main concern is and has always been making sure the work is top notch, so I can't rush things. A thank you to all who are being patient.

Jeff, the upcharges you refer to are you running $2000 books through the modern tier, then getting upset when we bump you.

I have only used CCS for one submission (maybe two years ago); there are successes and failures with each pressing service used, I have more success with others.

Just as an aside, that last sentence forum exchange seems more appropriate for a PM discussion.

Edited by DougC

CCS falling behind on TATs is compounding a longstanding problem with CGC. While my experience with both companies has been positive from a product standpoint, the constant issues with TATs are a real issue.

For example, I sent in a handful of books for a press/CGC grading in early December. Based on the stated TAT times, the pressing will be done around sometime in early March and then I get to wait another 3 months for CGC to grade them. That's half a year for an end-to-end process that's supposed to take a little over 2 months tops.

There's no reason to Fast Track either because those options have also fallen behind where they should be.

That escalated quickly...

Serious question now though...What is the "cut off" date for books being under the longer TAT?

For example, if I subbed books to CCS and they arrived in late December/Early January, would they be under the old TAT or the 'new' TAT'?

Thank you.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

this thread is infinitely more exciting than I expected.

Serious question now though...What is the "cut off" date for books being under the longer TAT?

For example, if I subbed books to CCS and they arrived in late December/Early January, would they be under the old TAT or the 'new' TAT'?

Thank you.

My understanding is anything in progress is subject to the TATs as currently stated.

Well, this thread turned sour fast. From my own personal experiences, I have never had a problem with Matt and with CCS. He has been very professional to me and I highly recommend his services. I've had some big books in the 4-5 figure range pressed by him and they all turned out well. Thanks Matt!

Thank you.

A TAT is not a policy, it's (ideally) a reflection of how long the process takes. So if they change their TATs that should give you an idea of how long the books they recently completed took them. This may or may not be how long your book takes.

Thank you.

A TAT is not a policy, it's (ideally) a reflection of how long the process takes. So if they change their TATs that should give you an idea of how long the books they recently completed took them. This may or may not be how long your book takes.

Yeah, good point. Tks!